Help Setting up RG 16

DFDStepp

Hey guys,
I recently picked up an RG16 to control my Budda Superoverdrive 80, Engl Powerball and 7 stomp boxes. I've never done anything like this before and I'm really lost is there anyone out there with a couple of minutes to spare who could help me out. I'd really appreciate it.

jasan

if all stompboxes are infront of the amps, do it like this:
loop 1-4 (four stompboxes) from there to input loop 5 (the next stompbox) over to 6 and 7. on all loops do it like this: send to pedal input, pedal out to the return jack)
use loop 8 as an A/B switch to select to which amp input the signal should go....in 8 comes from out 7, send 8 goes to budda and out 8 goes to the engl.

the buffer can be placed anywhere you want it in the signal chain.
to switch the channels on the amps, take the custom cable from RJM and hook it up to the amps. (the engl maybe works with midi?)

A few more notes:

It's a lot easier to use two loops to A/B switch between amps than to use one. If you can sacrifice one pedal, it'll make your setup easier. I'll try to get a diagram posted today.

To control both amps, you'll need two 1/4" adapter cables, one for each amp. The 1/4" cables have color coded leads. Use different colors for each amp (for example, red and blue for the Engl, white for the Budda) - that'll insure that different RG-16 switches control each amp (In this example switches 1-4 would control the Engl and 5 and 6 would control the Budda).

Okay, here's a diagram showing 6 pedals and two amps...

Attachments

• RG-16_6Pedals_2Amps.pdf
    375.1 KB · Views: 266
Back