Help with continuity testing? Not seeing Tip out of PBC?

LeeB

Background: I've used my PBC for a few years and I loved it. I just finally decide to actually go through the process of breaking down my pedalboard and rewiring/making all my cables etc.

I checked all my cables with a continuity tester as I went. When I was done I plugged everything in and found that from my input to the output to my amp I have the sleeve but no tip. I made sure all banks were turned off and I started back tracking through the rig until I could find the tip. I couldn't find in anywhere once the PBC was in line. The very start of my rig goes cable->Neutrik Jack->Whammy->Volume->PBC In 1-4.

I have tip up through the cable going into 1-4 but then it's gone. I've tried a bunch of cables and have tried checking going into input 1-4 and coming out of out 1-4, while unplugging anything that's in banks 1-4, and it's just shield.

I have to assume there's a setting or I'm doing something really stupid.. any ideas? Is it a setting I'm overlooking? Please help a fool.

Just to add, I have a newborn so I'm just sitting in quarantine and don't have an amp to listen to anything on, which is why I'm just sticking to the continuity check to start.

Thanks! I didn't know that!

I was able to listen to the rig yesterday and I had one more question about an issue that may or may not be specific to the pedal in question (if it is I totally don't expect you to know the answer).

I'm using some fairly long cabling and I'm using 7-10 in my FX loop. So I have the first buffer turned on and I have a buffered Boss pedal being fed by the output from 5-6 before going into the front of the amp.

I have a caitlinbread CSIDMAN in loop 1 and every time I engage it the guitar signal suddenly sounds unbuffered. It sounds exactly like it does when the buffer is turned off. I've tried it in a couple other of the loops going into the front of the amp and found the same effect. Once I disengage the loop with that pedal the signal sounds fine again. Any ideas? I've asked catalinbread if they might have any thoughts as well.

Thanks for taking so much time to answer questions, I really don't know how you do it!

It could be an impedance issue with that pedal. It's a digital pedal, so it would be surprising for it to have that issue, but you never know.

Have you checked the cables you're using with that pedal? Marginal cables can also cause impedance issues.

Back