Help with HX again

Dimitri Papadimitriou

I'm using PBC6X via midi to control HX stomp blocks, etc... I have a preset I want to access on the HX Stomp as PC#28.

I also have two blocks in that HX preset assigned as IA buttons on the FNSw 1 and 2 slots on the switches page (instead of using a cable and two button aux switch). It's been working fine until today when I wanted to start building new presets.

I tried to program my first 4 PBC presets as dirt (1), dirt with boost (2), clean (3), clean with boost (4). I set everything up the same by copying and pasting everything. Everything is right except those two blocks that are IA buttons.

When I clean on preset 1, the two blocks on HX are off. Then on preset 2, they're both on. On preset 3 both off, and on preset 4 both on. I went in manually and turned off the blocks on the HX, resaved the HX preset and PBC6X preset... and then when I go to the next preset, those two blocks are either on or off. So obviously there's some sort of conflict with those two buttons and blocks.

I tried turning off send on preset change. That kept the two blocks activated on all 4 presets. When I turned it back on, the blocks were on when preset 1 and 3 were activated. It's like its alternating.

Can anyone guide me on what to look for. I haven't messed with the PBC in a long time and now I'm stumped again.

Last edited:
A couple things to look at:
- Try turning on Send Redundant PCs (or turn if off if it's on). It might make a difference
- Try turning on "On Msgs Only" next to Send on Preset Change for your two buttons. This setting was put there to compensate for some weird MIDI behavior some Line 6 devices have. I didn't think th HX Stomp was one of those, but I've never used one, so it could be.

If none of this works, you could possibly try selecting snapshots on the HX instead of accessing the HX blocks directly.

Back