Help With Loop Effects - Gizmo and Preamp/Poweramp

I'm pretty experienced with this kind of stuff, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to incorporate a Strymon Timeline and Mobius with my rack setup. I used to have the Mobius before my preamp and the Timeline in a parallel fx loop using the RJM mini mixer. However, I decided to simplify and just put both items in the fx loop in series. I would like to run both items in true stereo too.

So, I drew up a schematic. Here is my diagram:
TaylorHoodGuitarRigwEffectsGizmo-SeriesLoop-Stereo.jpg

As you can see, I am running one output from the preamp into my rack wah volume input. From there, the volume output feeds input 9. I then want to feed the two effects devices - Strymon Mobius and Timeline - in series and have them be stereo. All cables are TS cables except the Y cables that feed the fx devices. I am using Send 11 and 12 to send the left and right signals to my stereo poweramp. Can anyone tell me if this diagram is correct before I go and start messing with stuff?

Looks pretty good to me, other than loops 11 and 12 - at that point you're collapsing the stereo back to dual mono. What you probably want is an insert / Y cable going from the out of loop 10 to the inputs of both loops 11 and 12 (although actually loops 11 and 12 are doing nothing except acting as mutes for each side of the power amp).

Don't forget you'll need a stereo TRS-TRS cable between loops 9 & 10. The connection from send 9 to the Mobius will need to be a Y splitter lead (or just a mono feeding the mono in?), while the other 3 connections to the Strymons will need to be insert (TRS-2xTS) cables.

Looks like you've got the looper just on the left side, and not switchable via the RJM?

Does this look better?
TaylorHoodGuitarRigwEffectsGizmo-SeriesLoop-Stereooriginal.jpg

Ron sent in an email that I would need to have the volume output converted to stereo (dual mono). Otherwise, I won't get a stereo signal if the Strymon pedals are bypassed.

So, how would I convert the signal to stereo? Additionally, my preamp actually has 2 outputs (L&R). If the volume pedal wasn't in there, I could just use a Y cable from the preamp to input to the Gizmo. The volume pedal in the chain messes with me.

Is there an easier and better way of doing this? What I want is to have the effects be able to pan back and forth between both cabinets while keeping my preamp signal on both sides. So, if I could pan my delay to my right cabinet with the dry signal and keep my left cabinet without a delay (or vice versa). Or, I could have a ping pong delay going back and forth while my 'dry' signal is still present in both sides. I never need to pan my 'dry' signal from side to side. All I need is to be able to mute one side or the other.

BTW...yes....I have the looper on one side that can't be switched in and out with the Gizmo. This allows me to run both cabinets and play. While I'm playing, I can be recording on the one side. Then, when the recording starts to play, I can mute that cabinet and still play out of the other cabinet. This allows me to put the looper which is playing on one side and I can solo on the other side. Of course, I can only record when I have both sides going or the side that only has the looper.

Back