Hiss when loops are set in parallel mode

lbcbdr

Ron, My PBC was adding Hiss to my amp. After trying different cables I got down to the PBC. With the PBC plugged into my VOX AC15hw and the amp volume up to provide a bit of gain, and nothing plugged into the PBC, when I switch the output a or b on with the amp plugged into the one that I am switching on and off I get a slight increase in hiss. however if i have any of loops 7-10 in parallel and switch it on I get an increase in volume and hiss. in series no change is noise. Again the only thing plugged into the PBC is the amp no pedals or instruments. Also I get a big ground hum on output B if the iso B button is not pressed in. Both the PBC and amp are plugged into the same electrical outlet (power strip) Also this happens whether the PBC is powered from my voodoo labs digital power supply or a 400mA 9v wall wart. Any Thoughts?

The PBC may add some hiss. When the line mixer enabled, it will add a little more because more circuitry is active. Turning on an empty loop in parallel will increase volume level because you're getting two copies of the dry signal - one through the mixer and one through the loop. Parallel loops are designed to work with effects that are set to 100% wet. With that, you won't get a level increase.

Thanks Ron. I is only my timeline that i was running parallel and I can run it in series and use the mix knob to adjust the level. That keeps everything quiet.

Back