Hotone Soul Press Expression Pedal Experience

chrisvam

Hi there,

I recently purchased the LT (installed firmware 3.1.7) and really like it (small enough to fit on my pedalboard). FYI, I've had some trouble with a Hotone Soul Press expression pedal (another small pedal, which I need in order to fit it on my pedalboard). I put the Hotone switch in "expression mode" and rotate the adjustable-pot to give it full range (0-10k, I think, vs. 10k-20k with adjustable pot in other position, according to my measurements). On the "calibrate" window I can get it to sweep through the whole range, although I have to push a little on the low end. But then the expression pedal seems to send out the midi CC values in a non-linear fashion, quickly going through 50% of the range with a small motion of my foot. I tried to measure the "taper" of the pedal resistor (tip to sleeve): it looks like 10K at one end and fairly linear down to near zero, but my meter is not very precise so I could be wrong. If I plug the same expression pedal and cable directly into my TC Electronic G-force and go through a similar calibration procedure it works much better, so that's my workaround for now. But it suggests that (in an ideal world) that the LT calibration procedure could be improved, but I might be wrong.

If anyone had any ideas, I would be interested, but not life-and-death since I have the workaround of plugging the Hotone into the g-force directly. Thanks!

chris

The Soul Press probably uses a different polarity than the LT. You'll need a TRS cable that swaps the tip and ring on one end. Use that to connect it to the LT and it should work much better.

Back