How can I make Preset / IA button hybrid?

Jef

Hi,

I ordered a PBC and started using the editor to make presets and songs. I 'm still pretty new to all this so I might mix up some terminology.

What I like to accomplish is a to have a Button Page (or Song) with the following layout:

Button (or Preset?) 1: Basic sound (for now that would be no effects, both amps on)
Button (or Preset?) 2: adds Overdrive to basic sound
Button (or Preset?) 3: adds Octave to basic sound

Button 2 and 3 can be both on!
Button 1 switches off 2 and 3

Button 4 to 6: "Space" Presets with different effects, if these are used Overdrive is switched off and Octave left on

Is this possible?

If so, how would I set this up?

Currently, you wont be able to do it exactly the way you want. In 3.0 (coming very soon), you can set up preset buttons to reload their stored IA state when you press the button a second time, resetting the IA buttons. With that, you can set up button 1 as a preset, and the others as IAs. Pressing 1 will reload the preset and reset any IAs that are set to Update on Preset Change and Send on Preset Change.

The one thing that will still not be possible is switching off overdrive when switching on one of the space presets. Allowing one IA to directly turn another IA or or off is a feature that didn't make the cut this release, but is likely for the next major release.

Back