How do you control IA order

fante

Hi everyone, I have setup a page where I can control the PC+/- for a MIDI pedal, and it occurred to me that I could setup another button in the page to increase or decrease the volume of that pedal (via MIDI). This works great when I am setting up my preset. The problem is that when I recall the preset it seems like the PC may be overriding the volume change IA. I don't know the order in which IAs execute so my guess is that the IA to change volume is being sent first and then overriden by the IA to change PC.

Am I missing something?

The short answer is that the PCs stored in a preset are sent first, then IAs starting in the upper left corner of the first page, then continuing left to right, top to bottom, and then on to each subsequent page.

You might want to try turning on Direct Send for the device in question. With it turned off, the PBC will try to be smart and filter out redundant messages, and this can change the order of what's being sent.

Thanks for the reply. I gave this a shot (both playing around with the order and the direct send setting) and unfortunately it didn’t seem to work as expected. The only way I could find around it was to add a 1 second delay as a “Time Wait” action. This ends up sounding a bit glitchy.

I wonder if this has to do with the latency of the device in question (Automatone MKII).

Back