How much cable to order?

claxor

Guys,

I'm setting up an Effects Gizmo to switch pedals as I use my Axefx 2.

For 7 pedals on a rack tray connected to an Effect Gizmo, do you think 10 feet of cable is roughly enough, or no? (I was thinking of trying Evidence solderless SIS cables)

Thanks!

Layout pedals and gizmo in rough dimension on the tray and use string to simulate cable runs. Measure. Figure some waste. 7 pedals = 14 patch cables. That's around 8-1/2 inches per cable. That enough? I always err on the side of having some extra.

Take the advice above and measure point to point for each input and output at its longest setting. I will describe my experience below for reference.

I used George L's for wiring up a rack giz, FX giz, one amp head, 15 pedals, and runs to a pedal board with a MMGT, wah, and volume. I just bought a 100' roll because I knew I wanted an extremely long rack to board run for stage and a short run for studio work. I left some slack in the rack due to sliding shelves, but after all that I have about 10' left.

Layout pedals and gizmo in rough dimension on the tray and use string to simulate cable runs. Measure. Figure some waste. 7 pedals = 14 patch cables. That's around 8-1/2 inches per cable. That enough? I always err on the side of having some extra.

How did you come to the 8.5 inches length per cable?

7 pedals = 14 patch cables. 10 feet of cable = 120 inches. 120 divided by 14 = ~ 8.5 inches per patch cable (on average). Yours will vary by where you place them. This is just the way I roughly calculate bulk cable when I haven't layed things out and measured point-to-point with string to come up with a more accurate number.

Back