How to avoid Big Sky presets from changing

Sotele

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...

As I change through my PBC presets, my BIg Sky's reverbs are changing--i.e. a big washy reverb will load up as a smaller shorter reverb than I expect. This is great for the Timeline (where I want the tempos to change for different songs). For the Big Sky, I want the reverbs to sound just like I've programmed them when I load them.

Here's a screenshot of my Big Sky settings. Is there a way to just have the PBC load the preset, but not allow the PBC to adjust the preset?

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 9.09.26 PM.png

I think if you look at your presets page. ....with PC messages being turn on the page you're showing. Whatever PC message is being sent under your Big Sky on the presets page...that's why it's changing. Adjust the PC message to match the PC that you programmed on the Big Sky.

Assuming you are loading the correct preset, there are two things it may be.
1) Some CC midi messages might be getting sent from the PBC to change settings in the BigSky.
2) There’s a per-preset property (can’t remember the name off the top of my head) that allows reverb decay to be controlled by tap-tempo. If that is enabled for your presets, then it would cause the issue you’re describing. You want to go in and disable that for every preset on the Big Sky, or it will drastically shorten the decay time every time you load something up. If you can’t find it, let me know and I’ll go dig up the name of it.

Assuming you are loading the correct preset, there are two things it may be.
1) Some CC midi messages might be getting sent from the PBC to change settings in the BigSky.
2) There’s a per-preset property (can’t remember the name off the top of my head) that allows reverb decay to be controlled by tap-tempo. If that is enabled for your presets, then it would cause the issue you’re describing. You want to go in and disable that for every preset on the Big Sky, or it will drastically shorten the decay time every time you load something up. If you can’t find it, let me know and I’ll go dig up the name of it.
Great, thanks, I’ll look for that per-preset setting—hope that will solve it!

Back