How to get the PBC to follow changes in my FM3?

wire_twerp

Sorry I seem to be posting for help a lot!

Should the PBC "track changes" initiated by the FM3? For example, if an effect block is activated in a preset (or scene) on the FM3, should there be a corresponding change in the IA buttons ON/OFF light status on the PBC? If it is possible, how do I set it up because I cannot get it to work?

I have unchecked 'Send on Preset...' and 'Update Status on Preset Change..' in my effect block IAs set up pages, as advised in Yek's page on the Fractal wiki but nothing seems to work so far.

I also wondered whether I had to use 'Get Preset Names' with the Songs option turned ON to get FM3 scenes will be translated into presets on the PBC?

I have two good midi cables connected to the FM3 and I'm using latest firmware etc.

I'm out of my depth on this one and need some expert advice. Thanks.

If "Ignore Incoming CCs" is turned off for the FM3 device, and "Poll State" is turned on, it should follow changes on the Axe-Fx. IA Link also has to be turned on on your buttons.

Yes, you have to use Get Preset Names with Create Songs if you want scenes to translate to presets. In that case, FM3 scenes are translated to Mastermins presets, and FM3 presets are translated to Mastermind songs.

Thanks Ron, I certainly wasn't expecting a reply over the weekend - but I really appreciate it.

I know poll state is turned on but I will check the incoming CCs on the FM3.

Gotcha about the songs and preset names. Thought this might be the case.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Back