How to send PCs via MIDI to GT-1000 with PB10?

ZappaFrank

I am a new owner of the PB10. I have set up 10 Audio Loops which I can switch on and off with the PB10 without any problems. So far so good.
I have the PB10 connected via USB with my iMac. I can use the Editor to get and write settings to the PB10. Everything good.
What I don't know is how can I use the PB10 to control my Boss GT-1000 Effect Pedal. (The GT--1000 is not connected directly with the PB10. it is connected via USB with my computer. I assume that the Mastermind can send MIDI Data via USB to my computer and from there to an external device, right?) For example I would like to have the ability to step with two buttons of the PB10 through the presets of the GT-1000. So what I need on the PB10 would be two buttons who serve as incremental program changer (Increase and decrease).
I guess as the first step I have to define a Generic MIDI Device, because the GT-1000 is not on the list of predefined devices. OK, but then I have just a MIDI Device which recieves for example on Channel 1 whatever CCs or PCs. But how can I make the PB10 get to know the MIDI Device that it should communicate with? I don't see the Option to define the MIDI In Port of my Device.
There must be a place where I can say that MIDI Data has to be sent to for example to the GT-1000 Midi In Port or Nord Stage 3 Midi In Port, etc.
Or am I overlooking something?

Last edited:
The PBC can't send data through the computer to the GT-1000, at least not without help. You'll need some kind of app that forwards incoming MIDI from one port to another port. There's a MIDI Patchbay app for the Mac, and MIDI-OX for the PC that can do that, and I'm sure there are others.

The PBC can't send data through the computer to the GT-1000, at least not without help. You'll need some kind of app that forwards incoming MIDI from one port to another port. There's a MIDI Patchbay app for the Mac, and MIDI-OX for the PC that can do that, and I'm sure there are others.
The PBC is such a powerful unit. I think it is a shame that the Software Editor does not allow you to configure the MIDI IN and OUT settings which are available via USB on the computer. I am using the MIDI Patchbay app for the Mac for this right now, to do this job, thank you for this helpful advice, but it would be really nice to have this functionality integrated into the PBC10 in the future.

The PBC is such a powerful unit. I think it is a shame that the Software Editor does not allow you to configure the MIDI IN and OUT settings which are available via USB on the computer. I am using the MIDI Patchbay app for the Mac for this right now, to do this job, thank you for this helpful advice, but it would be really nice to have this functionality integrated into the PBC10 in the future.
That's not possible due to how USB works, unfortunately. A computer can "see" and communicate with all of its connected devices, but a connected device like the PBC can't see or communicate with any other device connected to the same computer. It can only communicate with the computer itself.

If I remember correctly for example on my Boss GT-1000 effect unit which is connected to my computer via USB I have all kind of options for MIDI In and Out settings which include the MIDI connections on my computer like for example the IAC MIDI Channels.

I had a quick look through the GT-1000 manual and saw very few settings regarding MIDI, almost all of them relating to the built in MIDI ports on the device. How do you access these settings?

I had a quick look through the GT-1000 manual and saw very few settings regarding MIDI, almost all of them relating to the built in MIDI ports on the device. How do you access these settings?
The GT-1000 has a lot of MIDI Settings, but more related to Controller Settings. So I think you are right, the GT-1000 is pretty limited with regard to MIDI IN and OUT connections which are theoretically available on the computer. Anyway I hope that maybe one day it will be possible that the PBC10 doesn't need an extra MIDI Patchbay App. It would be really nice to have that. I don't know if there are any MIDI devices who could be placed between the PBC10 and the computer who could do this job...

Back