HX One - Bypass State after PC Change

Vandello

Trying to set up my HX One in the following way, but am not able to get it to behave appropriately. On preset change from the PBC, I want to send a PC message the HX One to select a preset (in this case, a boost setting), followed by a CC message to put the pedal in bypass state. It appears the pedal is receiving the CC message before the PC message, as I can see it flash bypass, then enables itself on the Boost patch. There is not a way to save bypass state on the HX One, so I'm trying to force it into bypass after PC change. If I push my PBC preset button a 2nd time, the pedal bypasses, just not the first time I select the preset. I do not have the HX One in a loop.

Is there a way to do this? What am I doing wrong?

I've attached my .rjs file.

Thanks,
Jared

Attachments

• Jared RJM PBC6x.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Try turning on Direct Send in the Devices tab for the HX One device. See if that helps.

The HX One has numerous MIDI bugs, including a couple that interrupt simultaneous PC/CC processing. The latest firmware, 3.71, fixed sending a NEW PC along with a CC value; they'll both be processed correctly. But if you send a redundant PC, the accompanying CC will not be processed. Based on how your HX One is behaving, it sounds like you're still on 3.70 or earlier.

I have a support ticket in with Line 6 regarding this bug. If what you're experiencing sounds familiar, it's probably the same issue.

EDIT: Took a look at your settings file. You may be able to get around this by adding a System:Wait command between your PC and your CC message.

Last edited:
HX One is on v3.71 - already had some major midi issues that caused me to update. Are you saying that even with 3.71, there are still issues processing CC's when redundant PC's are sent? Maybe I should uncheck "Send redundant PC's" and give it a try.

I am already using Direct Send.

1708541578305.png

HX One is on v3.71 - already had some major midi issues that caused me to update. Are you saying that even with 3.71, there are still issues processing CC's when redundant PC's are sent? Maybe I should uncheck "Send redundant PC's" and give it a try.

Yes, on 3.71, my HX One is not able to process a new CC value sent along with a redundant PC message. I suspect that whatever code handles "ignoring" a redundant PC is also inadvertently ignoring the CC value sent along with it.

But a new PC and new CC simultaneously work just fine for me on 3.71.

Basically, it appears the HX One is seeing both the CC and PC value, but is prioritizing the CC command before the PC command, leaving the bypass state ON because the last action was a PC change. Enabling Direct Send in PBC should force an "order of operations" for commands, correct?

I have some button pages created, but I dont think I'm sending a PC from any other button page. I'm 2 days into programming this stuff, and I'm still learning. Would anyone be willing to look at my previously provided file and see if there is something obvious I'm missing?

Yes, on 3.71, my HX One is not able to process a new CC value sent along with a redundant PC message. I suspect that whatever code handles "ignoring" a redundant PC is also inadvertently ignoring the CC value sent along with it.

But a new PC and new CC simultaneously work just fine for me on 3.71.
Yep, this mirrors my experience exactly. Ugh. Looks like I'll be waiting an update.

Yep, this mirrors my experience exactly. Ugh. Looks like I'll be waiting an update.
Hold up... on second thought, I dont think my experience mirrors yours. I am sending a new PC and CC at the same time (CC is bypass state OFF) and it appears to be processing the CC first, then the PC. I can literally see the pedal hit bypass state for a split second, then change PC. I have Direct Send turned on for the HX One in Devices, so this should force the PC to execute before the CC?

Here is my button page. I also have Direct Send turned on.
1708543002637.png

Interesting! In your case, try Direct Send. That ended up working for me on my HX Stomp to correctly change presets with PC, THEN using CC to turn blocks on/off on the new preset.

Any solution ? I'm having the same issue .

The real solution will come when Line 6 (hopefully) releases an update to fix simultaneous PC/CC message handling. In the meantime, you can use the System:Wait action to add some space between the two messages.

Sure, here's a picture of a button that switches between the previous preset and preset 1. It bypasses the previous preset after 50ms. 2ms is way too short, I couldn't even get it to work with 30ms with my HX One.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.12.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.12.12 PM.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 3
When using System / Wait, make sure that Direct Send PC/CC is turned on for the HX One device in the Devices tab. Otherwise, System / Wait won't have the desired effect.

Back