HX Stomp FX Loop w/PBC

Terry Richalds

I'd love to run my HX Stomp at the end of my pedalboard chain in order to send the Outputs via TRS directly to FOH. However I want my hardware wet effects after the amp and cabs in the HX Stomp while still utilizing the PBC Line Mixer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Any reason I couldn't do this without sound degradation or other unforeseen issues? And can I use the PBC's stereo Loop 7 Return without using the Send of Loop 7?

PBC Out 5-6 >>
HX Stomp In >>
HX Stomp Amp and Cab Sims >>
HX Stomp FX Loop Block (Send) >>
PBC Loop 7 Return >>
PBC Out L&R >>
HX Stomp FX Loop Block (Return) >>
HX Stomp Out L&R >>
FOH

Thanks everybody!

Attachments

• PBC Schematic.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 17
That's basically like the 4 cable method for an amp, so that should work.

Is there any particular reason you're using return 7 instead of In 7-10? It seems like the latter would make more sense.

Yeah I wanted that at first but the FX Loop Send from the HX Stomp will be Stereo from 2 amps. In my understanding I can't send a hard panned Left and Right signal into In 7-10 can I? So if not - the Return of Loop 7 will take the audio just fine?

Yeah I wanted that at first but the FX Loop Send from the HX Stomp will be Stereo from 2 amps. In my understanding I can't send a hard panned Left and Right signal into In 7-10 can I? So if not - the Return of Loop 7 will take the audio just fine?

Yes, In 7-10 can take a stereo signal. Make sure the Mono -> Stereo (out) button is in the In position. "In" means "don't change the incoming signal", "Out" means "convert incoming mono signal to stereo".

Beautiful thank you! I had someone on a Facebook forum tell me today that wasn't correct. That was my original idea! Thanks Ron!

Back