IA button linking and send midi PC

lbcbdr

I have my pbc setup so that if you hold any preset button it switches to a page that has 4 buttons that switch programs in a strymon mobius, 2 buttons that do that for my Timeline and some other buttons that turn on and off some other loops. The 2 external switches turn on and off the loops for my Mobius and timeline. the buttons that select the different presets in the Strymon pedals are set up in 2 groups, one for each pedal. That works fine. What I would like to do is have the "preset select" IA buttons also turn on the loop for the pedals. I have added an IA action to do this for all the buttons. That works. What doesn't happen is the external button is not linked to the buttons as far as the loop on /off. So when you turn on th loop by taping one of the preset select buttons, to turn off the loop you have to press the external button twice (as it is not linked)
I then moved the loop on IA action to the top of the list and checked the IA Link but since the actions don't match the external button (external has on and off, PC button for mobius/timeline only has on) they don't link. What I would like is to have for the mobius for example the external button is loop on and off, the 4 buttons on the pbc select 4 patches in the mobius and turn on the loop. If the loop is turned on via one of these buttons then taping the external switch once would turn the loop off. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

LBC

You could change the action on the PC buttons so that it has on and off values the same as the external buttons, then turn off "Send Off Messages" for the groups that are used on your PC buttons. That way, the IA Link will recognize the buttons as the same, and will turn them on and off appropriately. Disabling Send Off Messages will prevent the PC buttons from turning off the loop inadvertently.

You could change the action on the PC buttons so that it has on and off values the same as the external buttons, then turn off "Send Off Messages" for the groups that are used on your PC buttons. That way, the IA Link will recognize the buttons as the same, and will turn them on and off appropriately. Disabling Send Off Messages will prevent the PC buttons from turning off the loop inadvertently.
Cool thanks I will try that tonight

Ron, I tried your suggestion and it did not work, globals set to not send off audio loop 2 on and off as the top action. Attached are captures of the screen and my file. thanks

Attachments

• ext swit button.JPG
    ext swit button.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 3
  • global.JPG
    global.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 3
  • pc button.JPG
    pc button.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 3
  • lbc pbc fin v211.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Ok, it looks like the grouping and the ia link are interfering with each other. I will have to think about how best to solve this...

Back