IA Button works on it's own, but not with preset

ChrisConteGuitar

Hi Ron, I recently added the Source Audio EQ2 pedal as a boost. I assigned it an IA button and I send a CC number to toggle on/off via MIDI. It works find when engaging the IA button. However, when I assign the IA button to a preset, the IA button appears to "turn on" (color changes), but it will not send a midi command to turn on the pedal. I use a midi monitor and I can clearly see it is not sending the midi cammend to turn on the boost pedal. Is there another setting I need to set?

Send on Preset Change has to be turned on on the button in order for it to send a message on preset change.

Send on Preset Change has to be turned on on the button in order for it to send a message on preset change.
Yes, that box is checked. See attached. This is also an IA function where I use the HOLD function to access the Tuner. Prior to adding the EQ2 Boost (via MIDI), I had an Xotic SP Booster in Loop 6 of the Mini Effects Gizmo, and I controlled that previously with this IA button. IT worked fine on it's own a and via a preset. But with the new "MIDI-controlled" EQ2 Boost pedal, it's not working. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Send on Preset Change is checked.png
    Send on Preset Change is checked.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 1
Ahh..interesting. So, I set up a couple of "preset" buttons to change presets on the EQ2 and I see the MIDI going through and the EQ2 switches presets as expected. That is obviously done in the preset page under "PC Messages" What is not working is the "on/off" MIDI command that I programmed in the Buttons page. Again, it works when I push the IA button itself, but it does not work when I program the IA button to engage within a preset. Very odd. Attached is the GT/10 file if you want to review it.

Attachments

• CCMM10-110421.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
In the Devices tab, "Send CCs on Preset Change" also needs to be turned on for the EQ2 device.

Back