IA Groupings and off values not working as expected

Johan Allard

Hi,

So I'm working on a layout for my Axe Fx where I'm combining Presets and Scenes in a page.

One of the things I want to do was to have two scene buttons for scene 2 and scene 3, working the way it would work if I have say two delay blocks in an IA grouping (which I also have).

With the two delay buttons in a pedal grouping, it all works as expected. I can enable/disable any delay and I can go between the two delays and the other one disengages. But I can't get this working for scenes.

I've configured the two buttons:
- on value: scene 2, off value: scene 1
- on value: scene 3, off value: scene 1
The two buttons are in a pedal grouping that enables all buttons to be off, and it sends off values.

So if I press scene 2, I get to scene 2 and if I press scene 2 again, it will take me back to scene 1. If I press scene 3 it will take me to scene 3 and if I press scene 3 again it will take me back to scene 1. Perfect.
But, if I press scene 2 and then scene 3, the MMGT will by the looks of it send both scene 3 (on the scene 3 button) and then Scene 1 (off value for Scene button 2) and I'll end up at Scene 1. The same backwards, if I'm on Scene 1, press Scene 3 and then Scene 2, I'll end up at Scene 1.

Would it be possible to include a pedal group setting like:

[ ] Only send off values when disengaging with the current IA

or is there another way of configuring this to work the way IA groupings work for other blocks?

There is a setting for that - it's on the Global page entitled "Send Off Values", and is configurable for each group. Turn that off and you're all set. The setting really should say "Send Off Values for buttons deactivated due to another button in the same group being pressed" but that was a little too long. :)

But if I don't send off values it won't work as I described. If I press the Scene 2 button it should take me to Scene 2, if I then press Scene 2 again, it should take me to Scene 1 (so that I can quickly go to a Scene and then back). But with no off value, it will stay on Scene 2 when I press it again.

Basically I want the same functionality as having two delay blocks, with two delay IA's in a grouping.

- Press Delay 1 - engage delay 1, press again: disable Delay 1
- Press Delay 2 - engage delay 2, press again: disable Delay 2
- Press Delay 1 - engage delay 1, press Delay 2: disengages Delay 1, engage Delay 2

or with Scenes:

- Press Scene 2 - engage Scene 2, press again: disable Scene 2 (go back to Scene 1)
- Press Scene 3 - engage Scene 3, press again: disable Scene 3 (go back to Scene 1)
- Press Scene 2 - engage Scene 2, press Scene 3: go to Scene 2 (this is the step that currently doesn't work, it will go to Scene 1)

I'm not saying to turn off the CC "Off" value - you would want to keep that:

Scene 2 button:
Axe-Fx / CC Toggle Scene: off:0 on:1

Scene 3 button:
Axe-Fx / CC Toggle Scene: off:0 on:2

But, on the Global page, there are settings for every button group. Find the button group number you're using on the Globals page, and turn off the "Send Off Messages" checkbox within that group's settings. That will fix it.

I really thought I tried that option when I was playing around with this yesterday but apparently not. You're absolutely right - it all works as I want to know with the Sendd Off Messages disabled. Thank you!

Back