IA link / Button groups puzzle Pt. II

Jef

Hi!

Seems I do not entirely grasp how I should apply button grouping and/or IA linking:

I made a FUZZBOOST IA button to switch on my Fuzz + Boost pedal and another button called BOOST to switch on my Boost pedal. Both are in Button Group 4.

When I add FUZZBOOST to a preset, go to another preset and then back, all of a sudden the BOOST button is engaged and the FUZZBOOST not, yet on the LCD display the correct audio loops are on. Clearly I did something wrong somewhere...

This behaviour also happens in the Mastermind Editor, so if someone wants to look into this, there 's no need to load the file to your PBC: go to a preset, switch on FUZZBOOST, switch to another preset and go bak to the previous one.

I have attached screenshots of how I set both buttons and the group + the .rjs file.

Have a nice day,

Jef

1 FUZZBOOST button.jpg 2 BOOST button.jpg 3 Button Group.jpg 1 FUZZBOOST button.jpg 2 BOOST button.jpg 3 Button Group.jpg

Attachments

• J RKTKN PBC 190127.8. (Fuzzboost : Boost weird).rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • image.png
    image.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
Unfortunately, the bottom line is that IA Link and grouping simply just don't work well together. They too often set up a situation where they contradict each other - one telling a button that it should turn on, and the other telling it it should turn off. Interactions between IA buttons need to be pretty simple in order for them to work correctly. I've been trying for years to figure out a more powerful way to handle interactions between IAs that actually works in most cases, but it has not been an easy problem to solve.

Ok, thanks. Seems like I was trying to achieve something impossible with the current firmware.
My gain pedals are ungrouped and Fuzz and Boost have their own button now, so no more possible conflicts.

Back