IA Mode and Local Page questions.

spyvsspy0110

Hello, new guy to forum and somewhat new to the world of midi rack gear.

I've been researching a midi controller to replace the one I am currently outgrowing and have an interest in the Mastermind GT. I've read the manual and am highly impressed and overwhelmed at its flexibility, but being a new guy I may have overlooked the answer to a couple of questions I had.

1. Some clarification on how Instant Access mode works please. When the IA button is pressed the presets on the page change to show some of the commands assigned to that preset. If you then press that preset button during IA mode do all of those commands respond as if it were a true IA button? So that in theory, if I were playing in a preset and suddenly decided I wanted to ADD all the effect from another preset without disengaging what I'm currently using I just hit IA button and that new desired preset combo? Am I understanding this correctly?

2. The preset local page. The manual states it is stored on page 16. Does this mean that all presets using a local page will share this same page 16 setup, or that in each preset page 16 is replaced by whatever specific setup page you have for that preset? If I'm understanding that right you essentially have a custom page setup for each preset plus 15 additional global pages to choose between? That seems too good to be true hence the need to ask!

Thanks very much for any help and I appreciate your patience with a rookie!

Sorry about that - I missed the original post somehow.

Each button can have two functions: an IA function, and something else. IAs have a list of actions that they perform when pressed. These actions may send MIDI messages, change the visible button page, select a preset, etc. The non-IA functions are basic functions like page up/down, bank up/down, preset, etc.

If you have a look at the editor, when you edit each button, there are separate settings for normal and IA modes.

If a button's type is set to IA, it performs the button's IA function regardless of whether IA Mode is on or off.

If a button is set to some other type (not IA), then it performs this function when IA mode is off. When IA mode is on, the button switches to its IA function. That's how we can have preset and bank buttons that switch to be IA buttons in IA mode.

Page 16 is replaced with a preset's local page when the preset is loaded. Each preset can have a completely unique page, and it's only accessible when the preset is loaded. Select another preset, and the new' preset's local page will take the place of page 16. Pages 1-15 are always available to all presets.

I hope this makes sense - feel free to ask if you have other questions!

That's a great explanation. Thank you! One more question about the IA mode. Is IA mode global or could the IA mode vary from page to page?

I just want to make a side note and say thanks for this product! After researching lots of midi controllers I kept having to make the choice between a controller that will do some of the things I want but not all of the things. The mastermind gt will do all the things I need and more! You have created a great product that caters to those of us who need lots of control over lots of versatility and quick! I think it's the customers choice to decide if features they need are worth the cost to produce them but without this controller we didn't have that choice. Thanks for having the guts to give the customer what they want and need without letting the industry standards set your high bar. I look forward to having one of these in front of me. Someday.

The IA mode on/off setting is global. Never thought about making it vary from page to page - I'll look into that.

I you have any other comments or suggestions, please let me know!

Back