IA-Mode

cgscotto

Hello Ron,

First, I love the new LT pedal. I am amazed that you packed so much functionality into such a small pedal.

I have a good grasp on how to use all of its functionality, but one aspect of the pedal is eluding me, IA-Mode. I get what it is supposed to do, reveal underlying IA buttons for buttons that are not specifically IA buttons. If I am not mistaken, IA-Mode is like the original Mastermind's button for switching from presets to IA buttons. My problem is I am having a hard time understanding where I would use IA-Mode. The only page that does not contain IA buttons is the preset page.

On the Preset page, I chose one button and gave it a hold function and set the hold function to IA-Mode. When I check the IA-Mode button in the editor, I see that the button has an underlying IA button. How would I assign the other preset buttons to have underlying IA functions? Also, when I press and hold the preset button that has IA-Mode assigned to it, should it switch to IA mode like the original Mastermind? As I said, I am trying to get a handle on how to use IA-Mode.

Also, I have six button pages, one each for a MEG, H9, Mobius, Timeline, and JP-2C. Although the manual to check "send CC on preset change," if I do that, I get weird behavior from every piece. Essentially, the presets don't work, especially on the JP-2C. If I uncheck "send CC on preset change," then everything works like a charm. I just wanted to see if I am doing anything wrong.
All the best,

Ciro

I think I figured it out. In the global menu, you can set the second press for a preset button. This is how you would add a second level IA button. How does the IA-Mode relate to this?

Last edited:
Honestly, IA Mode isn't all that useful on the Mastermind LT. The Mastermind LT, GT and PBC all share a lot of the same firmware and the feature was carried over from the Mastermind GT. I probably should have deleted IA Mode when deriving the LT/PBC firmware from the GT, but now I'm hesitant to remove it because some people are probably using it. On the GT, the feature makes a lot more sense because it has a lot of buttons, and LCDs to indicate what each button is doing at each moment. It's not uncommon to have a page that's mostly preset buttons, so IA Mode changes the page dramatically. Also, when the feature was developed (version 1.0!), button pages were not as powerful as they are now, so the extra options afforded by IA Mode were even more helpful.

Back