IA Store isn't saving HX Stomp CC's

cuterigs

hey all!

I'm setting up a rig with a PBC6X and an HX Stomp. Editor and PBC are on 5.1. They want to be able to turn blocks on/off from a page on the PBC and hold FUNCTION (Page up/IA Store) to be able to make presets on the PBC on the fly.

I started setting things up like @rjmmusic has suggested: set up a page with buttons assigned to each block on the Stomp.

The buttons change the status of the block. All good.

What doesn't work is IA store.

He can turn the button on for any block in editor's Preset page, write changes to device, and as he goes through presets on the PBC and stomp, coming back to PBC preset 1/HX stomp preset 17 will call up the proper blocks.

If he goes to PBC Preset 3/HX Stomp preset 17, goes to his HX page and turns on blocks as needed, the blocks change as needed. if he holds IA Store, it doesn't save the block status. it says on the screen "IA Store" but coming back to PBC preset 3/HX preset 17 will come back with all blocks off (this is how the HX preset is stored, he wants to call up different combinations as needed from a single HX preset so that he doesn't lose delay/reverb tails by changing PC's).

If he turns on the buttons on his HX page via editor on the Presets tab, it works as intended.

Why is the behavior different? the PageUp/IA store button was copied from the stock Loops page on the PBC.

Any help would be great! thank you! (RJM file attached... his presets/block buttons aren't fully setup yet, it's all in progress)

PS I tried searching for something like "IA Store doesn't save" but apparently "IA" is too small of a phrase to search for, so it seems impossible to search for anything related to IA, unless I'm doing something wrong? any tips for that would be helpful too! thanks so much everyone!

Attachments

• AlexRJMmini1_EDIT.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
One thing for sure - the HX related buttons need to have Send on Preset Change turned on in order for them to do anything when you change presets.

One thing for sure - the HX related buttons need to have Send on Preset Change turned on in order for them to do anything when you change presets.
Thank you! Fairly certain we tried this at one point but I’ll give it another shot!

It was working fine when saving the button “on” via editor but for some reason it’s not the same using IA Store on the PBC itself.

Thank you! Fairly certain we tried this at one point but I’ll give it another shot!

It was working fine when saving the button “on” via editor but for some reason it’s not the same using IA Store on the PBC itself.
That's very odd if true, because they do basically the same thing. The only way I would expect there to be a problem is if you do some IA stores, then do some work in the editor and send settings to device. (without reading settings from the device first). That would cause you to lose any IA stores you had done.

If you have a reproducible case of this problem, please send me your file and I'll try it here.

That's very odd if true, because they do basically the same thing. The only way I would expect there to be a problem is if you do some IA stores, then do some work in the editor and send settings to device. (without reading settings from the device first). That would cause you to lose any IA stores you had done.

If you have a reproducible case of this problem, please send me your file and I'll try it here.
That can certainly be part of it! He lives in Mexico so we were working on it over FaceTime. I’m fairly certain there was a lot of this happening.

Testing on my own setup, I had to make sure “Direct Send CCs/PCs” is on, as well as “Send on Preset Change” and “Update on Preset Change”. With Direct Send off, when I changed PBC presets, I could see the intended block light up on the HX for a split second right before going to the intended HX preset, where it is saved OFF. Seems like it sends CCs first then the PC. With Direct Send On, it works as intended. It goes to the HX preset and turns on the intended blocks.

I’ve sent all this info plus what you just mentioned about not using “read settings to device” whenever he does IA stores on the unit while working with editor at the same time.

Thanks so much for your time and help! Always the best.

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you... I tried this here and can't reproduce the problem. I can hold IA Store and it will save any changes. Switching away from and back to the preset results in seeing the changes I made.

Is this problem still occurring?

Back