IA Suggestion

Markw1313

Would it be possible to have a setting for IA Groups that would allow only 1 IA button to be on at a time?
e.g. Button 1 in a group is "on", Button 4 in the same group is switched "on" and Button 1 switches "off" automatically.

Maybe I'm missing something in your question... what you seem to be asking for is the reason groups are available in the MMGT, and they work for me.

In the editor, select the Buttons tab and double-click on one of the IA buttons you want in a group. On the resulting page, at upper left in General Settings, there's a pull-down called Group. Pull down and select a number for the group you're building. Click Done. Double-click on another button you want in the group and do the same thing, giving it the same group number. You'll now have two buttons in a group, and selecting one on the MMGT will de-select the other. Add more buttons as needed, only one button in the group can be on at the same time.

Is that what you're looking for? Not working that way?

I am having a slight issue with 'grouping'. I have about six buttons on group, but i am running them in remote mode, with a slew of commands on the hold menu. These all work fine and toggle on/off by group. The catch is: I also have a pair of buttons with simple momentary commands. These will not deactivate the other group buttons when struck. Since they are momentary, i dont really know if it works the other way either. Is there something I'm missing? There's also the detail that a lot of my hold functions are setup to be macro's, and some have off commands of 'NONE". Regardless, the 'remote buttons with hold' seem to work just fine. At one point, it gets too complex for me to properly express in english. Anyone care to take a stab at this for me?

Momentary buttons ignore group settings, that's why you're seeing that behavior. At some point, it would be great to have a more general purpose way for one IA button to affect another, but that's not going to happen soon.

Back