Immediate scene access possible? RESOLVED!

is9582

GT22 FW 4.7.0 Editor 4.7.0 AF3 FW19.05 AE 1.10.11

Hello all,

I don't know if I've gone brain dead, but I just created a new layout on my GT22, and was trying to assign eight buttons with main functionality so they will each access a specific scene. (e.g. button 17 = scene1, button 18=scene2, ...). I setup four other buttons, to each directly access one of the Amp block's Channels, and tried to utilize the same idea with my scene buttons (...Off:None On:1) seeming to no avail. As you might have guessed, this layout is to utilize the new "Scene Ignore" in the new AxeFX III Firmware 19.05.

I'd certainly appreciate if anyone can share a tip, if there is some method to achieve my goal, without accessing the pop-up Scene Menu, which requires a second button press. I believe I might also be able to toggle the IA Mode button, but I'd like to have the direct scene access without going to another button, even if it was just once after the preset loaded.

Cheers,
Lee

It should work as long as you have it set up the same way (off values set to none, give all scene buttons the same group number). Make sure the CC number for scene selection in the Axe-Fx is set to #34 - this CC is not hardcoded in the Axe-Fx like most of the others are.

Thanks Ron. That’s sure what felt right. I’ll go back through to make certain I didn’t miss something.
Cheers
Lee

@rjmmusic

Quick update: After confirming my AF3 had CC #34 assigned for Scene Selection, I tested my layout again, but every button associated with a scene was still popping the Scene Menu chooser. I decided I'd take an educated guess and change the button type from Scene Menu to IA, and it worked beautifully. In hindsight, this seems like a silly mistake, but as the first time attempting to have direct scene access, it seemed logical (at the time).

I'm attaching my test layout for the GT22 just in case anyone would like to try it. If you download Cooper Carter's preset #9529 JPIIC+ Scene Ignore - CCFF#23 on Fractal's Axe-Change, this layout will allow you to try out much of the same functionality as he shows using his FC-6 + FC-12 in his associated video.

I created this in MMGTEditor 4.7.0, so just make certain you have already upgraded your GT22's firmware to 4.7.0, or it won't load. The naming I used for the amp channels, were primarily to keep the font size the same in that group. Also, make sure to backup your current layout BEFORE loading, so you don't accidentally lose your current layout.

Cheers,
Lee

Attachments

• LL-GT22-Full-Rig-4.7.0.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Back