Immediately Bank to First Song in Current Set

recordingpro

Ok forgive me if I've missed the memo somewhere, but I've tried several possible IA commands and I'm coming up at a loss.

Simply put, I just want a button that takes me to the top of my current set list instead of having to bank down through all the songs individually.

+1 for help with this! I've tried all the methods I could think of to make it work and something always fails, haha. I technically made it work with a macro that would go down to the next setlist then go back up...but even with the max 'wait' command as part of the macro my delay and reverb midi commands would stay on whatever the last song was instead of the first one at the top of the playlist.

Just in case those details help anyone in coming up with an answer... :)

Yea I was really hoping your config file would solve my problem but it wasn’t quite right like you said. Still gave me some new ideas so much appreciated.

Unfortunately, it looks like that doesn't exist. You can go to the top of a specific setlist number, but not reset to the top of the current one. I'll see if I can add that in the next release.

Ok so in the meantime, how do I go to the top of a specific setlist number?

I tried this and it doesn't appear to do anything at all:

"System / Setlist off:1 on:1"

Ok so in the meantime, how do I go to the top of a specific setlist number?

I tried this and it doesn't appear to do anything at all:

"System / Setlist off:1 on:1"
It should do that for you, as long as you're not already on setlist 1. If you're on setlist 2, does it go to the top of setlist 1?

Ahhhhhhh. Why yes it does! Now I get the point of it now. And I also understand why you need to add a feature for what I was talking about now.

So far, the only thing that seems to work is if I’m on Setlist 1 and I choose “setlist down”, it will go to the top of setlist 1 since there’s nowhere else to go. So…that works if you are always using Setlist 1. But unfortunately I use several different set lists.

Thank you for such good customer support Ron. This is how it’s supposed to be done! Rock on my man!

That makes me wonder... You could try adding a "setlist up" and "setlist down" action to the same button and see if that does the job - that might be enough to force it to reload the setlist, while still ending up on the same one.

Back