Input & output priorities on the MEG

MartinCliffe

I could have just emailed this, but someone else might find it useful. OK so the Mini Effect Gizmo has two inputs (buffered and unbuffered) and two outputs (standard and Click Stopper). I guess my questions are... does one input take priority over the other? Would it do any damage to have both connected? (like, say, I had my wireless connected to the unbuffered input, but if I needed to use a cable I could just connect a lead to the buffered one - not looking to use both at the same time).
Also, with the outputs, are they both active all the time? Could I connect a tuner to the standard output (to keep it out of my audio path) and the CS Out on to the rest of my rig? Obviously these are things I could experiment with when mine arrives, but I like to plan :? so thought it easiest to ask in advance :)

The In jack has priority over the Buffer In jack - you definitely can't use both of them at the same time..

However, the Out and CS Out jacks will both function if you plug into both. It looks like we can mod the outputs to be both click stopper or both passive, so let me know if you want that done for you. (Anyone else who buys from us can request that as well).

That's fair enough - just wanted to check. I just realised (doh) that the input question is a moot point - I'd plug into my wah pedal before the MEG anyway.

No mods required on the output, thanks - I'd use the CS Out for my main signal path (going to my volume pedal and then the Y-Not to the amps), just wanted to see if I could use the other output to send signal to my tone-sucking Korg DTR1000 rack tuner to keep it out of the signal path. Sounds like I can :)

I'm quite looking forward to putting this rig together... sick of lugging a heavy 8U rack around! Not sure how it'll all fit together (physically, at least - do I rack the pedals and the MEG in a little 2U rack, or put them on the pedalboard?), but time will tell. Once it's done, I'll make sure to get pictures up!

Back