Insert Loop and Kingsley volume problem

Dimitri Papadimitriou

I have a Kingsley Constable I use as my dirty preamp. I have that in loop 3 of my RJM PBC 6/X. Was noticing weird volume output problems after a rewire of the board. Checked power, connections, tubes in the pedal, etc...

Figured out that on my preset, if I have the + insert loop BEFORE the constable....the output of the pedal acts weird.

Is it because the insert loop is buffered?

Originally it was an HX stomp. So I got kind of suspicious. I rearranged the oedal order in the editor amd saw that + was causing a problem. Constable is in Loop 2. I unplugged HX from insert loop and put in loop 3. Completely removed anything from insert loop jacks.

Again, when it was HX (L3) > Constable (L2)) > + (ins loop empty) all was well.

When I went HX (L3) > + (empty) > Constable (L2), I had output issues with Constable

Does it matter if the insert loop is on or off?

And, what if you set it up as insert loop > HX > Constable?

This morning I tried putting the insert loop + in front of loops 2 and 3 and I was getting the same problem. I rearranged the order of the Kingsley in Loop two and put it in the front of everything and same results. Then when I turned off the main buffer, it seem to work just fine. Then what was odd was when I turned the main buffer back on. I had the issue, but then I put the insert loop at the very end of the chain and when I turned that on the pedal worked again. Something with the buffers is messing with the pedal and it shouldn’t because I confirmed with Simon from Kingsley that buffers shouldn’t Really mess with it.

If you look at the RJM file that I attached, I have my loops on two different pages. I have them on page 3, and page 4. Right now the insert loop is on page 4. It might be a little messy because when I originally embarked on this, I was using the split mono feature on the insert loop to do a pre-and post set up on my HX stomp. To troubleshoot. I removed the split mono feature and unplugged everything from the actual insert loop.

Low. On kingsley constable, on middle toggle for output, at 11-1 its loud. If you switch toggle to right its full on and super loud at 11. When this is happening, on either setting it doesnt get loud until 2-3 o clock on master volume knob.

Back