Insert loop missing in editor

Jamm0r

Hi, I have a PBC6x, and I don’t see the insert loop in the loop order on the audio page. I have insert loop toggled on but it doesn’t show up in the loops. I think it’s supposed to be a “+”. All I have are loops 1 through 6. Any help would be really appreciated. I’m trying to get this fixed before Sunday’s church service. Thanks!

First thing - make sure you have the latest editor (5.0.1). Did you convert the settings from another device type, by any chance? Also try toggling the Split Insert Loop checkbox, see if that fixes it. If none of that works, you may need a factory reset. If you have extensive settings you want to keep, you can use the Export function to save them. I can provide details if needed.

I downloaded the latest version and see that the insert loop is there when I first open the editor. However, if I open my saved settings.rjs file, the insert loop is gone again. Any idea what would cause that?

Getting closer. I was able to export and re-import presets and the insert loop was still there. However, when I export/import device and other global settings the insert loop is removed.

So I’m just replicating all of my settings and it seems to be fine. It’s a bummer that I couldn’t use my backup.

But now I have a new problem. I have a Swindler Effects Gulf and my VPJR volume pedal in the split insert loop. The volume pedal loop is very quiet and the Gulf loop is still affected by the volume pedal. So I thought maybe my wiring was wrong or mixed. I used my multimeter and everything is fine. Nothing is crossed. I tried using a different volume pedal and the issue is still there. However, when the Gulf isn’t plugged in the volume pedal works perfectly fine. I made a cable using a TRS for the Send and Receive of the PBC and each one split out to two mono cables. The tip of the send and receive is one pedal and the ring is the other. I initially thought maybe my wires crossed and that’s the weirdness. But I used a multimeter to check for short cables or if it was bleeding into one another and the cables are fine. Otherwise I would get a reading saying that they were crossing paths. Any ideas?

I tried it with another pedal and the issue persisted. What’s interesting is when I test with a stereo loop set as split mono the issue is gone. It’s just on the split insert loop.

Found the problem. So my connector itself was bad. I noticed it when the cover was screwed on, the cables would cross. But it wasn’t my actual cables touching but literally the inside of the connector. So my cables would read good. Thanks for the help!

Back