Intermittent IA function.

Chuk

[I'm only very new to the GT/22 so forgive me if I've missed something]

I've noticed that my IA switches become 'intermittent' depending on which Preset I am using.
For instance: I'll be using a particular Preset/Patch and everything works perfectly. I'll switch to the next Preset/Patch and suddenly the very same IAs that were functioning perfectly before now become intermittent which is to say that they take several attempts to 'function'. I also note that the AxeFXIII registers no midi input on the "EDITED" light on the unit face until, after repeated attempts, the IA suddenly functions.
This behaviour is only confined to IAs that change 'stomps' not Scenes.
All the Scene buttons always work as do the Preset, Bank Up/Dn , Tuner etc.
When I switch back to my old FAMC LF Pro everything works as it should.
I attached my settings.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 25Aug2018.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
I'm not seeing this problem here. Is there any repeatable pattern you can detect? If I had exact steps to follow, it would be a better test.

Also, remove the Mastermind GT entry from your devices list. It shouldn't be there, and because it's on the same channel as the Axe-Fx device, it could cause problems. I don't know how it could cause the problem you're seeing, but it won't do anything good.

I think I have found the culprit!
[please note: I my using two midi leads to my GT/22]
Today ALL buttons are working as they should on every Preset I tried...UNTIL I connected to the PC and Axe-EDIT III. Then the same IA buttons became non-functional and I noticed that the MIDI IN light on the front of the Axe-FX III is permanently ON until I disconnect the USB cable to PC. The MIDI IN light usually will only light [blink] when receiving a command from the GT.
Further to this I noted that it is Axe-EDIT, not just the USB connection, which is causing this. When I shutdown Axe-EDIT [but leave USB connected to PC] proper function is restored and the MIDI IN light goes off.
Is there a setting I need to adjust so I can use Axe-EDIT while connected tp the GT ?

I also removed Mastermind GT as a device as per your instructions.

Last edited:
I noticed the same behavior, do we know if it can be fixed by the GT software, or is it a problem on Axe Edit side?

As far as I can tell, this is on the Axe-Fx/Axe-Edit side. I saw it here and the messages were being sent by the GT, but not always received by the Axe-Fx.

Back