Is it possible using an RG-16

tfridgen

Hey guys, please bear with me, I'm about to pickup an rg-16 and want to know if my intended setup is plausible so, here goes;

I have 2 amps - Mesa Mark III, Mesa Roadster all I need to control on these amps is the channel switching so I'll be getting a 1x4 trs to 8-pin DIN for Mark and a Roadster interface cable with only 4 channels active and reverb active. 2 of the loops on the rg-16 I will use to function as a switcher to run the heads seperately or together.

Now this is where it starts getting tricky for me.

I have a stereo delay, an eventide pitchfactor, an ISP decimator prorack g stereo, stereo phrase sampler, bbe sonic stomp that will run in the effects loops of the amps.

For the Left side(Roadster side) I want: L Decimator(always on) L Delay -> L Pitchfactor -> L phrase sampler(always on) -> sonic stomp(always on) everything being in the Roadster's loop but the delay and pitchfactor need to be switchable.

For the Right side(Mark III side) I want: R Decimator(always on) -> R Delay -> R Pitchfactor -> R phrase sampler(always on) everything being in the Mark's loop but with the delay and pitchfactor being switchable.

On top of this I would like to run an OCD and an autowah up front.

Is this possible???? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loops 5-8 are independent, so you can use loop 5 for L delay, loop 6 for L pitchfactor, then go to the phrase sampler etc. Similarly, use loop 7 for R delay, loop 8 for R pitchfactor, etc. If you're using loops 3 and 4 to select between your heads, that leaves you loops 1 & 2 for your autowah and OCD. So yes, you should be able to do what you want, just! Watch out for ground loops etc though with using the two amps like this. It may be necessary to add something like an Ebtech hum eliminator if you can't overcome ground problems any other way.

The only thing I don't understand is how I get these effects in loops 5-8 to run through my amps individual effects loops.

Hi, we spoke on the phone the other day, right?

The problem you're going to run into is that all of the loops on the RG-16 are mono. You can use the last 4 loops in stereo pairs, but that will limit you to running 2 stereo effects.

To handle 4 stereo effects and your two amps, the most cost effective way is to use Effect Gizmo and an Amp Gizmo (not a Mini). The Amp Gizmo can connect to both the Roadster and Mark III, and the Effect Gizmo has four stereo loops. You'll need a lot of insert cables (stereo on one end, individual left and right plugs on the other) to make the connections, but it'll work.

Oh yeah, and there might be a stereo-capable RG-16 happening later this year. Did I say that out loud??? :shock:

tfridgen said:
The only thing I don't understand is how I get these effects in loops 5-8 to run through my amps individual effects loops.
Amp 1 send > Loop 5 in
Loop 5 send > L delay in
L delay in > Loop 5 return
Loop 5 out > Loop 6 in
Loop 6 send > L pitchfactor in
L pitchfactor out > Loop 6 return
Loop 6 out > Amp 1 return

Amp 2 send > Loop 7 in
Loop 7 send > R delay in
R delay in > Loop 7 return
Loop 7 out > Loop 8 in
Loop 8 send > L pitchfactor in