Is This Possible With The EG???

ESPImperium

Is it posible to have the Effects Gizmo select where the audio goes to in terms of direct to the front of the amp pedal train or to a pedal that is being used in the loop as a pre amp so in effect you have two potential amps?

Im thinking about changing my amp to a Mesa Recto 25w and having a Bogner Ubershall Pedal in the loop so i can have Recto power and Ubershall power when i need it and would like to be able to select what sound i get, can the EG do this in loops 9-12 or would i be better with a switchable audio splitter pedal?

I just don't want to have the pre amp colour the Bogner Ubershall pedal in any way.

Thanks.

Yes, you can put the preamp of the amp in a loop so that it can be switched out. Something like this:

Guitar -> Loop 9 in
Loop 9 send -> pedal input
Loop 9 return -> pedal output
Loop 9 out -> Loop 10 In
Loop 10 send -> amp in
Loop 10 return -> amp's loop send
Loop 10 out -> amp's loop return

If loop 9 is on and loop 10 is off, you will have the Bogner pedal going straight into the amp's power amp.
If loop 9 is off and loop 10 is on, you will be using the Rectifier normally
If both are on, you're running the pedal into the amp's input.

Thanks.

Final question, I will still be able to use the effects im using in loops 5-8 like Chorus/Tremolo/Delay on both the Recto and Bogner?

Yes, if you put effects in loops 5-8, they will affect whichever preamp you have active.

Back