Isolating outputs for Wet/Dry/Wet rig

Charlie

I’m converting my rig to have the option for Wet/Dry/Wet, Wet/Dry or Mono configuration.

I will be using my extra speaker out of the dry amp like a effects loop send.

1) Sending PBC Out 5-6 to front of my Amp.

2) From speaker out jack of Amp into a “Line out box” then running that back into In 7-10 on the PBC.

3) Sending effects only to output A and or output B (isolated option) to 1 or 2 amps.

I found 2 Line Out box’s, both are passive so they can live in the back of my amp.

The first is a David Bray which is inexpensive and has only a level and a ground lift.

The second is a Suhr Iso line box and has a Isolated transformer, phase switch, level and ground lift.

My first question is when using 3 separate amps “Wet/Dry/Wet” is it necessary to ad a external Isolation box for output A?

Or, if I use The Suhr Iso Line Box with it’s isolated transformer would that take care of it?

Also I’m moving the 2 effects in loops 7 &8 to a remote 2 channel loop controlled by the FS switch. Effects in Loop 9 &10 will be wired in and out in stereo and I will run them parallel with the Dry Signal Button Off for the wet rig options. There will be no effects in loops 7 & 8

2 questions on this:

1) Do I need a output sum box to go Wet/Dry or Mono Mixed or is there some combination of buttons in the back of the PBC that can change output A and B to combine left and right signals.

2) Cabling, Do I need to run Stereo cables In to the first effect (H9) in Loop 9 or can it be a mono cable? Loops 7 & 8 are empty, or do I need to move the first effect to loop 7 to use a mono in cable?

Sorry for my ignorance in this matter, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Aloha

Regarding the isolation transformer, you're not going to know for sure until you try it. Depending on the amps and how they're grounded, you may or may not need an additional isolation transformer. Try it without it, and add the transformer in if needed. You already have two - the Suhr box and Output B, you probably won't need a third - you'll know if you get hum.

If your PBC has been modified to do mono mixdown, then the Mono Output button will mix the left and right sides. (I write "Mix" under the Mono Output button on modified units) If it's not modified, then pressing Mono Output will give you the left side of the signal out of both outputs.

If you don't have a PBC with this mod, you can use an external box like the Interfacer by Goodwood Audio.

This post has everything you need to know about wiring for a combination of mono and stereo pedals:
USING STEREO EFFECTS

Wow! Thank you for the quick response, looks like the Suhr box is worth the extra cash.
One more thing,
Is there a Mod available to move the last insert "Out 5-6 In 7-10" to come after loop 8 becoming "Out 7-8 in 8-10" also removing loops 7 & 8 from the parallel mixer?

Wow! Thank you for the quick response, looks like the Suhr box is worth the extra cash.
One more thing,
Is there a Mod available to move the last insert "Out 5-6 In 7-10" to come after loop 8 becoming "Out 7-8 in 8-10" also removing loops 7 & 8 from the parallel mixer?

Sorry, can't do that without redoing the whole circuit board.

Back