Issue with a preset

JeremyKnibbs

Hi all,

I'm running a preset on my PBC, but having an issue with it when I add a hold function. I use the hold on a couple of my drive sound presets to add in my EP Booster and an H9 preset for a lead tone... One of the presets works exactly as intended;

First button press = preset (LED goes from red for off to white for on)
HOLD function = add EP & H9 (LED goes from white to blue for hold)
Press button again = back to preset (LED back to white)

Awesome... Just what I want.

My second drive preset is messed up somehow, and I can't nail down my issue!

First button press = correct preset (LED goes from red for off to BLUE for some reason) I've checked the colour selection in the button editor, and it says it should go white.
HOLD function = The first time you HOLD, the LED goes bloody white but nothing changes in the preset... No EP Booster added etc.
HOLD again = Now the HOLD function does it's job... In comes the boost and the LED goes to Blue like it's supposed to! WTF???
Press button again = Back to preset, but the LED stays blue.

I have looked at the settings, and tried to make both drive buttons the same in the editor, but to no avail!

Help me, Obi Wan!

Can you send me a copy of your settings file? I' don't know what would be causing that, but having the settings should make it easy to identify the problem.

Ok, I figured out what was going on. When a button has a hold function, and both the normal function and the hold function are activated, then the button will use a secondary color. This is how the loop buttons show different colors when the loop is series or parallel.

In your case, you have a preset button with a hold function that's an IA button. The IA button's state is programmed to be on when the preset is selected. It uses the hold button's color (in this case, blue) instead of the normal function's color (white).

I suspect that you don't want to have the hold function turn on automatically when the preset is selected. This is what you have to do:

1). In the editor, go to the Presets tab, then select the Timmy preset.
2). Now, use the buttons at the bottom of the page to go to button page 4.
3). Hold shift and click the Timmy button ONCE. I won't look like it did anything, but trust me, it did.
4). Save your settings and transfer them to the PBC.

That changed the state of the hold function on the button so that it's off when the preset is first selected.

The reason that this is all so confusing is that you've found a couple of bugs:

- You should be able to edit the button color when editing its hold function. This is the secondary color that's displayed when the normal function and hold function are both turned on. In the current editor, there's no option to edit this.
- When using the Presets tab to select which IA buttons are on and which are off, the state of the hold function is not shown clearly enough. In the case of preset buttons, the state of the hold function is not displayed at all.

I will get these things fixed in the next release!

Back