Issue with AutoTap in v5.0.1

ZachSelindh

I'm having a strange problem with my AutoTap macro starting in version 5. Though my Function Switch Settings specify FN1 as "momentary", Auto Tap seems to be switching the Function Switch open and closed, rather than "pulsing." This makes the Tap Tempo send less than reliable, and often leaves the switch "closed," which could have unintended consequences for pedals whose tap jacks have a secondary hold function.

Per the manual, I have Macro 0 set to turn Audio FN#1 off and on, and my Auto Tap set to 3 taps on Macro 0. I also have a separate tap tempo button on one of my pages, but removing this button doesn't seem to have any effect.

I'll attach my settings below:

Thanks in advance for attention to this issue!

Attachments

• zachselindhPBC.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I checked your settings and ran them here. The function switch definitely pulses on and off, and I never saw it stay on.

One thing I did see is that sometimes there would be an extra pulse when you change presets. The easiest way to fix this is to set the Function Switch 1 to independent - on the Globals tap, click the lock icon under Fn Switch 1 twice, so that it turns into a yellow "I". That will make the function switch not respond to preset changes.

Interesting! I've tried moving to different FN switches to make sure it's not isolated to FN1 and they've exhibited the same issue. Tried the Global Independence setting but nothing changed; and an extra tap isn't bad, what breaks things is when the switch stays closed.

Anything else I should look for? Might do a Factory Reset and try pushing my settings again just in case.

Interesting! I've tried moving to different FN switches to make sure it's not isolated to FN1 and they've exhibited the same issue. Tried the Global Independence setting but nothing changed; and an extra tap isn't bad, what breaks things is when the switch stays closed.

Anything else I should look for? Might do a Factory Reset and try pushing my settings again just in case.
Are you sure the switch is closed? What's shown on the screen doesn't reflect the actual physical state of the switch when the switch is set to momentary. The software keeps track of the switch's on or off state but just pulses the switch's relay whenever the state in the software changes. The only way you can reliably know if the switch is closed is using an ohmmeter on the output.

Back