Issue with Microcosm MIDI

theejpp

I have a page dedicated to scrolling up and down through the presets on my MIDI pedals. When I scroll up/down with the buttons for my Microcosm, it works as expected. When I bank up/down with the Timeline or with the BigSky, however, it changes presets on both the respective Strymon pedal and the Microcosm.

Additionally, I have my loop bypass switches set up with a secondary function to send CC and physically turn on/off the pedal when I turn on/off their respective loops. I do this as an extra visual aide to help me tell at a glance if they are on. Whenever I turn on/off the Microcosm loop, the pedal turns on/off as normal. However, when I turn on/off the Timeline or the BigSky loop, it turns off the Strymon pedal as normal but also turns off sends CC and is turning the Microcosm on/off at the pedal (not the loop itself).

All three pedals are on their own MIDI channel, but I'm still on 4.8.1.

Are you chaining MIDI from your Strymons to your Microcosm?

If the PBC buttons don't make sense regarding the error, it might make sense that both the TimeLine and BigSky are sending messages that are getting picked up by the Microcosm.

If that's not the case, I'd look into whether the Microcosm preset buttons have IA ID numbers that are not 0.

Are you chaining MIDI from your Strymons to your Microcosm?

If the PBC buttons don't make sense regarding the error, it might make sense that both the TimeLine and BigSky are sending messages that are getting picked up by the Microcosm.

If that's not the case, I'd look into whether the Microcosm preset buttons have IA ID numbers that are not 0.
I got it. I double checked the MIDI channel on the Microcosm itself and it somehow reset to factory globals, I reassigned it to the proper channel and now it all seems to be working fine. Thanks for the reply!

Back