Issues with Source Audio LA Lady & Midi Adapter

FriedOutKombi

Hi, I've recently bought an LA Lady Overdrive because it was midi controllable and because of the huge number of distortion engines on it. Plus, it's stereo! I'm not using the Neuro Hub with it, instead using the new SA-168 Midi Adapter. It only has 6 presets but having hooked everything up as per the manual (like set the midi channel on 1 as it apparently likes that). I can't get the 6X to switch between the 6 presets. Momentarily I get it to work, then it stops. Now and again it works for a millisecond then stops. This is the set up I have in the devices menu (as it's not listed in the Source Audio devices) and I'm using PC changes 1 thru 6.

Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 11.09.26 pm.png

Is there something I need to change? Have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Hard to say without seeing more details. Do you have any other devices on channel 1? That would cause a conflict.

Ideally, I'd need your whole settings file. Otherwise, we're playing 20 questions.

Also, how many devices do you have in your MIDI chain, and is this Source Audio box the last one? If there are a few devices in between the Mastermind and Source Audio, I recommend trying to connect it directly to the MIDI output of the Mastermind and see if the behavior is any different. One of the devices in between could be corrupting the MIDI signal.

I can send you a file. It's the last in the chain. I'll try putting it first in the chain, although it hasn't been an issue for any other device.

Ideally, I'd need your whole settings file. Otherwise, we're playing 20 questions.

Also, how many devices do you have in your MIDI chain, and is this Source Audio box the last one? If there are a few devices in between the Mastermind and Source Audio, I recommend trying to connect it directly to the MIDI output of the Mastermind and see if the behavior is any different. One of the devices in between could be corrupting the MIDI signal.
I tried putting the L.A. Lady first in the chain by itself. No dice, didn't switch at all. Here's my saved settings file.

Attachments

• PBC-6X_Settings_13-6-23.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
I just tried your settings here and it seems fine. If the Source Audio pedal is the only one that's having an issue, then it's likely that pedal (or its interface) that's at fault. I recommend you get in touch with them and see if they know about this issue.

I just tried your settings here and it seems fine. If the Source Audio pedal is the only one that's having an issue, then it's likely that pedal (or its interface) that's at fault. I recommend you get in touch with them and see if they know about this issue.
Thanks. I'll chase it up with David at Source Audio.

Back