Jackson Audio Broken Arrow Button Group

Gordon

I'm putting together a new button page that uses different settings from my Jackson Audio Broken Arrow overdrive, which is currently in loop 4. One button is set to engage loop 4 and toggles CC messages for a low gain setting. Another button engages loop 4 and toggles CC messages for a high gain setting. Both are in a button group with "allow all buttons off" and "send off msgs" checked. What happens is when I select either button, both buttons turn on/off together, whereas I want to select only one at a time or none at all.

I watched the Mastering the Mastermind episode 9, but I don't think is addresses this specific issue, unless I missed something. Any advice? Do I need to add an action to the button group itself? Thanks

Update: when I remove the Audio Loop IA action from both buttons, the double selection problem goes away. But will the loop still engage? I'm still wiring up the rest of the rig and can't test audio just yet.

This is IA Link in action. IA Link looks at the first action of each button, and if two or more buttons have IA Link turned on and also have the same first action in their lists, they're linked. Turning one on will turn on the other. Turning one off will turn off the other.

Turn of IA Link on those buttons and the problem will go away. You can't delete the audio / loop actions because then the loop would not be turned on. You could, however, switch the order so that the Audio / Loop action is second, but it's probably best to just turn off IA Link.

Update on this topic... The button group seems to be working fine on the PBC itself (in terms of switching back and forth, engaging one button/disengaging the other), but the Broken Arrow doesn't seem to be fully responding as expected, so I'm guessing there's something else to tweak in the PBC editor.

The two overdrive buttons on the page have the following IA actions:

OD1
- Clipping / CC Toggle #3 off:0 on:4
- Gain Cycle / CC Toggle #4 off:0 on:2
- Drive / CC Toggle #1 off:0 on:127

OD2
- Drive / CC Toggle #1 off:0 on:127
- Clipping / CC Toggle #3 off:0 on:1
- Gain Cycle / CC Toggle #4 off:0 on:2

When I press the OD1 button from off position: button lights up, pedal engages correctly
When I press the OD2 button while OD1 is engaged: OD2 turns on, OD1 turns off, pedal engages correctly
But, when I go back to OD1 while OD2 is engaged, OD2 turns off, OD1 turns on, pedal disengages

Why isn't the pedal reverting to the OD1 settings when switching back from OD2? I put the IA actions in a different order for each button, per your previous input, and disabled IA Link for both.

Additionally, I previously had an Audio Loop On/Off action programmed to both OD buttons, but removed them for basically the same reason... toggling back and forth would turn off the loop when I still wanted it on. So, as a workaround, the current underlying preset has the Broken Arrow loop always on and I'm only engaging CC messages. In a perfect world, I would still be able to disengage the loop when I'm not using OD1 or OD2.

Any thoughts on these to issues? Let me know if I can clarify anything and thanks again!

Ahhh I just unchecked "Send Off msgs" from the button groups setting. I imagine this will fix the loop on/off issue too, but there's a caveat... I have another button outside of the button group that controls the boost function on the Broken Arrow. If I have the boost engaged, I don't necessarily want to turn off the loop by disengaging the overdrive.

Back