Jackson Audio Golden Boy Midi

Meanoldfireman

Using a 6x (4.7) to control (among other things) a Golden Boy. When I send MIDI from a button, it will respond to all the changes. When I include those same buttons into presets, it will only respond to CC 2 = 4 and CC 5 = 4. I've been double checking the settings and have run out of ideas. Anyone have any ideas?

Check your IA buttons, make sure that Send on Preset Change isn't turned on. That would make those buttons send their messages on every preset change, overriding any PCs specified in your presets.

Check your IA buttons, make sure that Send on Preset Change isn't turned on. That would make those buttons send their messages on every preset change, overriding any PCs specified in your presets.
The Golden Boy only uses CC's. That's actually how I've been sending the cc's, is changing the state of the IA buttons on each preset. It works fine for the Bloom, but not the Golden Boy. If I have to write preset actions to change the state on every preset, this pedal's getting sold. (I'm sure it's fine with you, because you know I'll buy another Overture, lol).

I have a Golden Boy that I use with MIDI CCs via buttons. I had some initial issues because I had other buttons that also controlled those CCs and they had IA link on. Might want to check if you have another button that does, for example, gain cycling with IA link on, and the "current value" is 4 or something. That's an example...I don't remember what those CC numbers correspond to off the top of my head.

I run a pretty limited number of buttons. I finally threw in the towel and used macros in the Preset Actions. It's a pain, but it will get me through until I ditch the pedal. Jackson audio makes some good sounding pedals, but their MIDI leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm telling you that it almost definitely isn't a problem with the Golden Boy. Maybe your specific unit has issues, but the Golden Boy works fine for me. Although in a broader sense, it would've been nice if they'd used PCs instead of CCs and saved the EQ positions as well.

Back