Keeley Eccos preset changing

Jbon79

Hello RJM community!

I am brand new to the whole switcher/midi game. Putting a pedal board together and I have a PBC 6. One of the delays I would like to use is the Eccos. It does have presets on board and what appears to be the ability to plug in an external switch. Is it possible to change the settings on this pedal through the PBC? If not I may just go with a different midi pedal. Thanks for any info.
Jeremy

Someone actually did a YouTube video on this connecting to a different type of midi device using a suhr product to convert. This all seems a bit over my head as I've never even used midi... So maybe there's an easier way with RJM? Or maybe it just is what it is...ty

From what I see of the Eccos, it has three onboard settings that you can change with a remote switch, but not any midi capability. It has three presets, which you could access by connecting a TRS cable to the Eccos from the FN SW jack on the 6X. That would enable you to assign a button on the PBC to cycle through the presets on the Eccos. However, it would only do that - basically what you can do from the Eccos’ buttons anyway. It wouldn’t be programmable in the same way a midi-enabled delay pedal would. Midi capability usually gives you the option to program hundreds of presets on the pedal and programmatically access all of them from the PBC.
It looks like the Suhr Micro Midi Control solves some of this problem by receiving midi signals from the PBC (or from the Morning Star in this video) and converts it to the appropriate action and sends that via analog signal like what a remote switch would do. You can get programmability that way, and I assume you’d be able to send tempo to it as well, but you would still be limited to the three or four presets and you wouldn’t have access to changing specific parameters. In my opinion, if you want midi and you are paying for the Eccos plus an adapter device, you may as well look at natively midi-capable delays since you’d already be about $350 in with the Eccos and the adapter. But if 3-4 presets and tempo control meets your needs (now and in the future) then you’re probably fine with this setup.

Back