Kemper FX with GT22 set in slave mode

I'm using a mastermind gt22 in slave mode to control a kemper and there's one thing I can't figure out. When I switch preset, everything change except the delay and reverb which happen to be the only two FX buttons I've put on my GT. I've succeed to make the IA button lit up on the GT when switching preset, but the change doesn't translate on the Kemper. What I find even stranger, is that if press on that IA button, it changes the effect on the kemper. But, when I press the preset button, there's no FX change on the kemper but the FX button lit up on the GT. Any idea what could be the problem?

My GT and kemper are communicating with the 7pin midi cable with the phantom power box.

You probably have "Send on Preset Change" turned on on those buttons. With that setting turned on, the button will automatically send its message(s) when you change presets. You select a preset, the preset changes and then the delay and reverb buttons send messages to the Kemper. If those buttons are off, it will send messages to the Kemper to turn off delay and reverb.

Turn off Send on Preset Change on those buttons and they will only send their messages when the button is actually pressed.

I had it on, but I still don't get what I'm looking for by switching it off. Is there a way to change the preset and activate the delay by pressing only one button?

Ah, if you want it to turn on automatically, then keep Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on. Then, program the button to turn on - select the desired preset on the GT, step on the Delay and/or Reverb button to turn it on, then hold the Page/ IA Store button to store that button in the "on" state.

You can also do it in the editor: go to the Presets tab, select the preset in the left column, and click the Delay or Reverb button to turn it on for that preset.

In the Devices tab, make sure that "Send CCs on Preset Change" is turned on for the Kemper device.

Please send me your settings file and I can try it here. Also, please let me know what firmware version you're running on the Kemper.

Back