Kill-dry related issue on PBC

Ben Leong

Hey guys. Just throwing a long shot here and see if the issue that i'm facing can be resolved.

I have my TimeLine and BigSky setup as parallel on loop 9 & 10 of the PBC. At both pedals I have switched on the kill-dry setting. When I enable the TL loop I noticed there was no dry signal from the TL, however BS still produces the dry signal from the pedal.

Not sure if it is related to PBC. Just wanna make sure as I'm checking out with the guys at Strymon too about this issue. BG firmware is the latest and PBC is at v4.0.11

Thanks.

Ben

Hi Ron, so I took out the BS from the board and did guitar -> BS -> amp. Initially the kill-dry somehow didn't take effect. I disabled and re-enabled back and then the effect worked.

Put back the BS to the board and it's working fine now. Yea would have thought the issue is on the pedal and did this troubleshooting step. Thanks for the tip!

Hi Ron, so I took out the BS from the board and did guitar -> BS -> amp. Initially the kill-dry somehow didn't take effect. I disabled and re-enabled back and then the effect worked.

Put back the BS to the board and it's working fine now. Yea would have thought the issue is on the pedal and did this troubleshooting step. Thanks for the tip!
For what it's worth, my BigSky does some funky stuff sometimes too... not with the dry signal, but I'll have no reverb at all, or my mix settings are out of whack. Rebooting the pedal always solves it, though, so I haven't really tried to dig in an figure out why.

For what it's worth, my BigSky does some funky stuff sometimes too... not with the dry signal, but I'll have no reverb at all, or my mix settings are out of whack. Rebooting the pedal always solves it, though, so I haven't really tried to dig in an figure out why.
I'm pretty sure the guys at Strymon will tell you to update the firmware first. I just noticed the value knob on my BS is having problem. The press-down knob is not sensitive. Most of the time when I press it down, nothing happens. Got to press it with a certain angle.

Mine does the EXACT same thing....I think I've finally related it to using Nixie. Do you use Nixie with yours?

I don't recall a time when it has done this without first using Nixie, but maybe I'm wrong. And just for info, mine IS on the latest firmware.

And Ben, my Mobius value knob has the same issue.

Mine does the EXACT same thing....I think I've finally related it to using Nixie. Do you use Nixie with yours?

I don't recall a time when it has done this without first using Nixie, but maybe I'm wrong. And just for info, mine IS on the latest firmware.

And Ben, my Mobius value knob has the same issue.
Interesting! I've actually never used Nixie, but I'm pretty sure I am on the latest firmware also... I'll check to be sure.

Dunno if it will help, but I'll throw out there that I use Nixie quite a bit, and I've never experienced any of these issues. I have all my Strymon pedals upgraded to the latest firmware.

I should probably specify that when I use Nixe, I do it through the PBC (midi loop is from PBC thru all 3 Strymons and back to PBC...then I use the USB cable that goes from my PC to the PBC to talk to Strymons via Nixie. If I were to just use Nixie directly to the Strymons like normal, I'm not sure if it causes this problem or not.

Also, I believe the only time it has happened is when I'm using Nixie to actually adjust mix level on a reverb in the BigSky. I think if I'm working with the Timeline or Mobius is does NOT mess up the verb mix.

But, with what Boyce said above....maybe it's just coincidence and has nothing to do with Nixie at all! Not sure.

FYI sometimes switching from kill to normal if it doesn't switch, move your mix pot on the BS, it should switch at that point. This is a repeatable confirmed test at least on my experience. I feel this is a Strymon BS firmware issue (using current firmware).

Back