LED Colour Schemes: How do you use yours?

wire_twerp

I'm musing on the optimal way to use the coloured LEDs on my PBC10. At the moment, I designate certain effect types in one colour (when off) with the same colour for when they are on (green). I also use certain colours as utility type colours (white for amp channel switching) and so on.

I feel that I am potentially going to run out of options, so I would like to hear from the RJM PBC users regarding how you set your colours up, as I am sure I could use mine much more effectively/efficiently.

I also wondered whether LED colour dimming might be something that could be put back on the table for future development, assuming it is technically possible?

My default is Red = Off, Aqua/Blue = On. If I have multiple toggle sets on one page, I'll make one Red/Aqua and the other Green/Blue. I always make the button that takes me to my "home" page purple so it stands out.

I really wish we could do LED dimming. I'm color blind, and I literally cannot tell the difference between the green/yellow and the aqua/white colors, even when they're side by side. I've made do just fine, but I do occasionally get my pages mixed up because of my limited color palette. Being able to dim all but the active button in a toggle group would allow me to limit the colors used on each page, add some diversity between pages, and overall make things easier to comprehend on the fly.

That said, I'd take scribble strips for each button over more led color/dimming options any day. Hint hint Ron. ;)

@PianoMan - thank you. Some really good ideas here.

Do you use tape or something on the PBC to label your FX or do you just remember what they are?

Dimming would be great - I don't think I could afford to buy another switcher with scribble strips but it is the wave of the future...

I use labels for my main pedal bypass page - mostly to remember the one or two things I don’t use a ton. Everything else I go off memory. I should note that I have a Morningstar MC8 on my board that I use to swap between PBC pages though, so I have labeled buttons that tell me exactly what page I’m going to. (I need the help as I actively use 9-10 pages on my PBC.)

Back