Lexicon PCM-80 using midi cc

Hi RJM,

I just got the LT - and I'm loving it so far. There is one thing I'm struggling with though.

I have a button to activate the bypass on my PCM-80. This seems to be working ok, and is setup like this:

image.png

While the button works when I use it as an IA - it doesn't do anything when I set it on/off in a preset.

I'm 99% sure the PCM-80 wants a momentary cc to turn on or off the bypass.

Why isn't this working when I change presets?

It's very unlikely that any device would want a momentary message for bypass purposes, try setting the action type to CC Toggle and see what happens...

Thanks for the fast reply.
I tried changing to "CC Toggle". It works but only when I hit the IA switch twice to turn bypass on or off. (every 2nd click is ignored).
On the upside, it does change when I change presets - but only 50% of the time.

Is there something else I can try?

Ok, so it does require momentary CCs, but as you discovered, momentary CCs don't work well with pre-programmed IA button changes.

Instead, simulate a momentary CC by using two toggles:

CC Toggle Bypass off:127 on:127
CC Toggle Bypass off:0 on:0

Make sure that "Direct Send CCs/PCs" is turned on for the Lexicon device on the GT's Devices page.

Sorry - for waking up a very old thread.
In the end I found the most reliable way to turn the PCM80 on and off was to run the input signal through a loop on the effect gizmo.
I just couldn't find a reliable way to use midi to trigger the bypass on and off. I tried using one of the switch outputs on the effect gizmo in momentary mode - and while this would trigger the bypass it was not reliable and would quickly become out of sync with the button on the gizmo.
I'm using loop 9 on the gizmo with trs cables to keep the stereo signal - its working great. Foolproof!

Back