Limiting the number of PBC6/x Presets

AlexMania

ISTF,IRD (I searched the forums, I really did)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my nerdy sister and brother musicians. We're bound much like a family, but with fewer arguments.

On to business:

I'm using my board in pretty much stompbox mode, except that I'd like two buttons to control the 12 presets on a Strymon Sunset. I'd like one button to turn any preset on / off on the sunset, and one button to cycle through the 12 presets on the sunset.

I know I can limit the number of presets in the Devices tab for the Sunset, but that's not it. I'd like to cycle through the number of PBC presets themselves from PBC preset 1 to PBC preset 12 so that I can use the PBC's 'preset name' on the screen to correspond to the preset on the Sunset so I know which Sunset preset I'm in (gimme a real indicator, Strymon, C'mon). Once the PBC gets to its 12th preset, cycle back to the first so I know what the sunset is doing. The rest of the PBC either controls devices with screens or analog devices in loops, so those are fine as is.

As for the universal Sunset On / Off, the Sunset isn't in a loop, but controlled via MIDI. I can put it in a loop if I must, but I'd rather not burn one of the loops if there is a different way. Thanks for giving this some thought.

Love to all,

Create a button with type set to "Device PC +", set Device to Sunset, and set Min to 1 and Max to 12. Ths will create a button that steps through the first 12 presets.

The other button can be set up by right-clicking on the button in the Buttons tab and selecting Assign CC > Sunset > Bypass

Back