Line 6 HX Stomp FX Loop Issues

Terry Richalds

Having trouble getting a stereo path correctly with my HX Stomp and Mastermind PBC/10.
Here's how it's routed (diagram pictured)

Guitar >>
PBC In 1-4
PBC Out 5-6 >>
HX Stomp In >>
HX Stomp Amp and Cab Sims >>
HX Stomp FX Loop Block (TRS Send) >>
PBC In 7-10 (Button Pressed IN) >>
PBC Out L&R >>
HX Stomp FX Loop Block (Return) >>
HX Stomp Out L&R >>
FOH

There seems to be an issue when I use a TRS cable from the HX Stomp Stereo SEND to the PBC IN 7-10 Jack. Ron instructed me to press the Mono -> Stereo (out) button to the "IN" position to maintain the stereo signal coming in. It seems that I'm only getting the left side however. When I press the button to the "OUT" position I hear both sides but in what I perceive as dual mono. My Left and Right amps inherently sound very different so I can tell something is wrong.

I've tried several TRS cables from the Stomp SEND to the PBC In 7-10 with the same result.
I've attached a diagram of how I have my board wired up as well as my .rjs file.

HELP!!!!!!! Thank you!

Attachments

• Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Pedalboard w:HX Stomp.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Sounds like the send might not be producing a stereo signal. Can you try using an insert cable to split the HX Stomp's stereo send and running each output to an amp, just to see if there's any signal there?

I recommend to check the HX Stomp settings. I've never used one, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a stereo/mono setting for the loop send that needs to be changed.

Back