Linking buttons

lbcbdr

I have a Mobius and Timeline plugged into loops 3 and 8. In my original setup I had 2 external buttons so I could select either device from whatever song or preset i was in. pressing the button would activate the appropriate loop and switch to a page for the device with local buttons to control the device. pressing the external button again would take you back to the page you came from via a macro. I decided to switch those buttons to the PBC where Bank up and down are and move the bank up and down to the external switch. On the local pages, I have a duplicate of the of the button that selects the page on the device page. Is there a way to link the buttons so that they show the state of the loop and turn it off and return to the main page when pressed. currently I need to press it twice to get back and then the button on the main page shows on when the loop is off.

Yes, that's what the IA Link setting is for. Turn it on on both buttons you wish to link. Make sure that the Audio / Loop action is the first action in the list on both buttons - that first action in each list is what the PBC will use to determine that the buttons are the same and should be linked together.

Ron, I still cannot get the linking to work right I have the "L9 Buf2" button assigned to turn on loop 3 and change to page 4 for my mobius controls. Then on page 4 button "L10 Buf 3" I have set to the same Ia action for loop3 and then a system/page:previous. the linking is correct, when i go to page 4 the light is on but when I step on the button it turns off the loop but does not return to the previous page. I have also tried it with the second action as system/page:1. So I guess the linking is working but the page switching is not.Attached is my file . I realize you are at NAMM so when you get back and catch up let me know. Have a good show. Thanks

Attachments

• lbc final V12 BR 1-17-17.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
The System / Page action only triggers when you turn a button on, not when you turn it off. You can get around this limitation by creating a macro. Create a macro that has the System / Page : Previous action. Check the Force State checkbox, and set it to force state to On.

Then, replace the System / Page : Previous action on the button with a System: Macro action. Set both the On and Off values to the number of the macro you created.

Every time you press the button, whether you're turning it on or turning it off, the macro and the System / Page action it contains will act as if the button was turning on. This will make sure the Page action will trigger on every button press.

I tried your suggestion and that fixed the page return issue but the linking is not working. When I return from the pedal control page everything is in the right state but the button to go to the pedal page is on even though the loop is off the link is checked on both buttons on both pages as well as the one on the loops page

I tried your suggestion and that fixed the page return issue but the linking is not working. When I return from the pedal control page everything is in the right state but the button to go to the pedal page is on even though the loop is off the link is checked on both buttons on both pages as well as the one on the loops page

Also more info the loop buttons for those loops are also on the loops page and linked there as well can you link buttons on 3 pages?

Back