Looking for ADVICE and TIPS on MASTERMIND PBC RIG

I need some advice and tips on what else to get such as a: midi thru box , junction boxes , adapters

• midi , cables, junction box , midi thru box

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • adapters, jacks , brands , tip , advice

• midi , cables, junction box , midi thru box, adapters, jacks , brands , tip , advice

• Total voters
Hi guys , I'm new to owning a midi switching system and don't really know what to buy to make my rig work right .My current setup is all 10 pedals in front of the amp because that's the easiest for me. I need some advice and tips on what else to get such as a: midi thru box , junction boxes , adapters , jacks, midi cables etc. I want my setup to either be 10 pedals in front of an amp or 6 pedals in front and 4 in the effects loop. I unfortunately won't be doing a stereo setup . I hope you all can help me out . I will really appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Sweet selection, my man! A MIDI splitter can be helpful, although this layout does not require very long cable runs and it's "only" 4 MIDI controlled pedals. You may be fine just daisy-chaining them. I recommend getting a little junction/patch box just because it's a pain to plug cables from the guitar and to the amp directly into the PBC (or any looper for that matter) when there's a row of pedals right behind it. The guys at Free The Tone can hook you up with both, and I have used their stuff with great results. To make it fx loop compatible, get the 4 jack version of their patch box and simply run two cables from the Loop 5-6 out to the patch box and into the front of the amps, and one back to the patch box and into Loop 7-10 in when using an amp with an fx loop. Should you not need it, simply unplug the two cable on the pbc, it will automatically connect loop 6 to loop 7 that way. That should be all you need!

Sweet selection, my man! A MIDI splitter can be helpful, although this layout does not require very long cable runs and it's "only" 4 MIDI controlled pedals. You may be fine just daisy-chaining them. I recommend getting a little junction/patch box just because it's a pain to plug cables from the guitar and to the amp directly into the PBC (or any looper for that matter) when there's a row of pedals right behind it. The guys at Free The Tone can hook you up with both, and I have used their stuff with great results. To make it fx loop compatible, get the 4 jack version of their patch box and simply run two cables from the Loop 5-6 out to the patch box and into the front of the amps, and one back to the patch box and into Loop 7-10 in when using an amp with an fx loop. Should you not need it, simply unplug the two cable on the pbc, it will automatically connect loop 6 to loop 7 that way. That should be all you need!

Thank you very much ! Which model of Free the tone patch box and midi splitter will work best for my setup ?
Free The Tone JB-41S Signal Junction Box ?

That's the one. They only have one Midi through box, it's an active 3 way model. Like I said, you may not need it at all. If you were to use that one, just attach the PBC to the MIDI in, 3 devices on the respective MIDI outs and the last one you'll have to chain. Hope that helps! Enjoy your PBC, it's been a complete game changer for me.

That's the one. They only have one Midi through box, it's an active 3 way model. Like I said, you may not need it at all. If you were to use that one, just attach the PBC to the MIDI in, 3 devices on the respective MIDI outs and the last one you'll have to chain. Hope that helps! Enjoy your PBC, it's been a complete game changer for me.

thanks for you help man . I just bought the junction box . I have one more question . Why might I need the midi thru box ? whats the main purpose of it and how will it help ?

Firstly, it acts as a sort of buffer for MIDI signals. They can sometimes get messed up after long cable runs or after being fed through too many devices. And secondly, it splits the signal, instead of daisy-chaining it, which serves the same purpose.

Last edited:
Back