Loose Buttons

sergicalhands

I recently noticed that some of the buttons that I tend to use more often than others have become loose. I tried turning the washers on top but it seems like it just spins when I try to tighten it. Do I have to open the PBC to fix this?

Unfortunately, that's probably the case. We've recently found that the best way to tighten them is to get two 5/8-inch or 15mm hex sockets, and put one on the inside nut and one on the outside nut and turn them in opposite directions. Tightening them with only one socket isn't enough. We're doing that now with all new PBCs.

To do it, you'll need to open it up and take the circuit boards out. If you have questions, please let me know...

I have encountered the same problem. I have to tighten the nuts about once every 3 months. Not complaining here, that's just the nature of the beast. you can accomplish this without taking the PBC apart by using a flat 5/8" wrench and fixating the thread of the switch with a small pair of pliers. Works for me!

Haven't had the problem yet, so in case it eventually does, would a drop of medium strength loctite help here?

Yes, blue Loctite would help.

We've recently found that using two hex sockets, one on the inside, one on the outside, is the best way to tighten the switches. You can really tighten them down and get the locking nut working. We've been doing all PBCs that way for the past couple of months. Hopefully that will keep them from coming loose. Time will tell...

Back