Low Profile TRS plugs?

Jon Stafford

I'm rackmounting a MEG-X on a shelf and want to minimize the space between the rear panel and rear of the shelf. Short TS plugs are no problem, but I'm hoping to come across something fairly short for TRS plugs for the stereo and split mono loops.

Out of curiosity: have you looked a right-angle TRS options? I used some fairly low-profile pancake style plugs for my most recent board build.

They should. They have the same TRS plug shaft as any other, just with a right-angle body. You might have to figure out which way to orient the body of the plug for clearance, and some of the pancake-style plugs have wider housings than others. I've used some fairly tight-fit right angle plus for densely populated jacks.

Squareplugs right angles will fit on our switchers (the owner of Squareplugs is a PBC user, so that helps!). You do have to get creative, facing the upper row wires up and the lower row wires down. On a MEGX, you would probably have to elevate the MEGX on a riser or something.

tonegarage-2020-17_2100x.jpg

Squareplugs right angles will fit on our switchers (the owner of Squareplugs is a PBC user, so that helps!). You do have to get creative, facing the upper row wires up and the lower row wires down. On a MEGX, you would probably have to elevate the MEGX on a riser or something.

View attachment 2419
That seems like the reason the owner of Sqaureplugs developed the compact straight plugs.

Squareplugs made an important difference in my touring board. If I had to use straight plugs, the board (and its case) would be one inch too deep for carry-on :)

Back