LT Display Contrast Issue

Andrealoud

Howdy!

I have an LT and the display doesn't seem to be working properly. Setup is as follows:

MM USB out to Mac Powerbook USB In
MM MIdi out to MEG Midi In
MEG powered via Voodoo Labs PP2 output #5

The screen on the LT is blank. I've also tried plugging both the LT and MEG directly into power (not using the VL PP2) and the screen is still blank. Tried powering by plugging into a USB hub connected to the powerbook, and plugging directly into a powerbook USB port. The light is on, but no visible text. The button lights on the LT and MEG work just fine - only the display is empty. Tried a factory reset but there's nothing in the display...

Can you help?

Thanks!
a

I responded by email, but here's the answer in case someone else has the same question:

Can you read the display at all? Sometimes if there's a contrast issue, you can read the screen if you look at it from an angle. If that's the case, you should be able to go into setup and adjust contrast. (Contrast is the last item in the main setup menu).

If that doesn't help, let me know and we'll figure out a plan to get you a new display.

(I also sent this to you via email with the attachment)

Hi Ron,

Powered up the LT via USB when I came home. The screen was back - but a bit funky. I went to contrast in the setup menu - it was set to 24. Changed it to 13 and it looks much better. 5 mins after I changed the contrast setting screen started to fade out again - it comes and goes. Contrast setting was still on 13. I attached a short video of the behavior. Bad display maybe? SN is MMLT 7-0253.

10 mins later screen is blank again.

Thanks,
a

I replaced the board you sent Ron and all seems to be working now. Left it powered up for a couple of hours and the display worked great.

Thanks for all of your help and speedy replies - you are great to work with!

Back