LT: How do you use yours?

Piplodocus

Hello hive masterminds. My LT has arrived! I'm curious what you control with yours and how you set up different pages to control which things in which ways. I didn't realise you can't have different presets per page when I bought it, so it's slightly thrown my perspective on how to set it up. Hence I'm pondering if I should go a different route, and am after inspiration as to how all your set-ups work.

I want to use it to control a timeline/bigsky and a Diezel Herbert. Maybe more things but that's my starting point. I want song mode so changing to the first preset of a song sets the midi clock for the timeline delay speed. The Diezel is a 3ch amp and has MIDI. It doesn't do CCs. It's saved patches on it to set the channel/solo boost/mid cut/switchable loop/etc.

The basic set-up plan in my head for all songs was buttons for: 1# clean channel with bigsky reverb, 2# crunch with tiny bit of bigsky reverb, 3# lead completely dry, and 4# another button (often solo boost - but as noted this is a different patch, not a CC/IA). Then page 2 would be #5 clean delay (and less reverb than without delay on page 1 else it gets muddy), #6 crunch delay (probably no reverb as it gets muddy), 7# lead delay, and then probably an IA button for some kinda timeline shenanigans like toggle infinite repeats or something. Some songs may have different variations of reverb/delay compared to others, and obvs the midi clock for each song will change delay tempo (and "auto-tap" another non-midi pedal), but that's the general outline I had for consistency across all songs with jamming ability. No separate IA page as I want the function to just toggle between the 2 preset pages so everything is 1 or max 2 button pushes (and I can premptively go to the other page so it's only ever really 1 button to push at the time of sound change presuming I've gone to the right page ahead of time).

So without different presets per page I figured my button options with pros/cons were:
(all assume a page button and song up/down on the other 3 unless mentioned)
Idea 1: 3 patches and delay CC
1: Clean patch / 2: crunch patch / 3: lead patch / 4:delay on/off cc
Nope. I can't page up to a lead solo boost patch as it repeats the same patches on all pages (must be patch as Diezel doesn’t cc). No way for solo boost.

Idea 2: 4 patches, delay CC on page 2
1: Clean patch / 2: crunch patch / 3: lead patch / 4: solo boost patch
Go page up for delay on/off CC?
Nope. If I'm on clean delay and want crunch delay I'd have to go down to page 1 for crunch (hit it, it's now a dry preset), back to page 2 button, button for delay back on. Results in big dry hole of tap dance!

Idea 3: Delay on/off is persistent
1: Clean / 2: crunch / 3: lead / 4: solo boost (all presets)
Page up to delay on/off CC, but the delay state is persistent to solve idea 2 issues. If I'm going from clean delay to dry heavy I'd have to change delay just before or after the change, which is still on other page and I could also only use one delay patch for all sounds? So a far worse version of idea 2. Nope.

Idea 4: Lose page button
1: Clean / 2: crunch / 3: lead / 4: solo (all presets)
Replace the page button with delay on/off CC
Replace page button with delay on/off cc. This could work. the 4 presets give me the 4 things and the ex-page button now turns on the suitable delay for that preset (cuz presets load the right suitable strymon sounds for each, just with the delay. No options of additional IAs though as every song has to be 1 page. Not bad but I still don’t get dedicated delay patches with reduced reverb levels on clean so have to limit my verbyness on songs so a bit of a bummer.

Idea 5: Delay Expression
Clean / crunch / lead / solo presets
Expression pedal is permanently set to delay mix, which reduces verb slightly on delay up. I can add any amount whenever I fancy. This could work pretty well I guess. An interesting idea.

But my current latest plan i finally dreamt up is basically the original one, but splitting songs into multi-parts...
Idea 6: One song is multiple "songs"
Each "song" (as defined in the mastermind) has 1 page, but each actual "real life" songs has 2 songs: a "song x - page 1" and a "song x - page 2". One of these "songs" has the dry presets, the other the delay ones. I then just make my setlist contain those 2 "songs" next to each other. When i want to play that song I can have the 4 presets I want on page 1. For delay I "song up", to the 3 delay presets for that song. I just "song down" to go back to the non-delay sounds.

This isn't quite as good as the original plan if different presets worked on different pages of the same patch as they're both page 1s. So I can't have 4 presets on page 1 and only 3 + IA on page 2. But equally I can actually have an IA page for both song halves if I prefer via the function (page) button. (Or if I don't need a whole page of IA then I can always have 4 presets on both those pages, but ditch the function button.) But generally splitting songs across multiple songs, using song up/down for more presets, while still having “function (page)” for an IA page may be an even better idea in practice than the original non-supported idea! I just have to put both halves of everything in the setlist, but that should be pretty simple. So I think I have a plan for now and the workarounds may turn out to actually be benefits.

That would work wouldn't it? Either page can still set the default midi clock speed for the song? I guess it may be safer having one song "half" to set the clock tempo, and the other leave it alone to possibly save any midi clock jumps during "song changes" within the current actual song? Especially if I can re-tap the clock or I’m using the song change to recall a preset on a clock pedal.

But still, I'm curious how all you guys and gals set yours up, and how you control different devices/presets?

Last edited:
Back